• From the Northside estate to the centre of
Workington at 1400 Sunday a journey of 90
miles [all the bridges were closed]
• No chemist, no school, no supplies
• Originally 1½ minutes across the bridge from
• The Papcastle bridge was opened at three
shortening the journey to 20; if you drive …
• Photos Mark OLLIS
• Original photos available at greater
resolution to schools –
• St Bees School, Cumbria.
• Made small to upload + share easily
Creative Commons Attribution-
Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0
UK: England & Wales Licence
<a rel="license" href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-
sa/2.0/uk/"><img alt="Creative Commons License" style="border-
sa/2.0/uk/88x31.png" /></a><br />This work is licenced under a <a
sa/2.0/uk/">Creative Commons Licence</a>.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.