Wtf 1

254 views
171 views

Published on

0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
254
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
108
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
2
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Wtf 1

  1. 1. WORKING TITLE FILMS By Zaynah, Ashleigh and Kate.
  2. 2. Background Information • Working Title Films is a British film production company, based in London. • The company was founded in the late 1980’s and it produces feature films as well as television films. • The company then found fame when it released Four Weddings And A Funeral, which became a hit in the box office. • As of 2007, all of its films were distributed by Universal Pictures, which owns 67% of the company, and many of its recent films were co-produced with StudioCanal. The other 33% is owned by the founders, BBC Films and private investors.
  3. 3. Richard Curtis • Among the company’s films are Richard Curtis’s scripted • • • • • • • • • romantic comedies. He wrote there biggest success- Four Weddings And A Funeral, it was the film to feature Hugh Grant and also became the highest grossing British film. He wrote films such as: Notting Hill Love Actually Bridget Jones And shows, for example; The Vicar Of Dibley Mr. Bean Blackadder
  4. 4. Target Audience And Budget • It produces various genres from comedy to family films, which cater for a large target audience, from U rated to 18 rated movies. • Working Title is mainly run by Universal Studios, which has given them a $35 million budget. • Atonement- Budget: £15 million. Takings (worldwide): $129, 266, 061. • Wildchild- Budget: $20 million. Takings (worldwide): $20, 273, 551
  5. 5. Distribution And Exhibiting • Working Title Films partly owed by Universal Pictures who are also the distributer. These films are then show in cinema and after can be bought on DVD. • They also have a joint TV channel with Universal where they show their TV films.

×