WORKING TITLE FILMS
By Zaynah, Ashleigh and Kate.
• Working Title Films is a British film production company,
based in London.
• The company was founded in the late 1980’s and it
produces feature films as well as television films.
• The company then found fame when it released Four
Weddings And A Funeral, which became a hit in the box
• As of 2007, all of its films were distributed by Universal
Pictures, which owns 67% of the company, and many of
its recent films were co-produced with StudioCanal. The
other 33% is owned by the founders, BBC Films and
• Among the company’s films are Richard Curtis’s scripted
He wrote there biggest success- Four Weddings And A Funeral,
it was the film to feature Hugh Grant and also became the
highest grossing British film.
He wrote films such as:
And shows, for example;
The Vicar Of Dibley
Target Audience And Budget
• It produces various genres from comedy to family films,
which cater for a large target audience, from U rated to 18
• Working Title is mainly run by Universal Studios, which
has given them a $35 million budget.
• Atonement- Budget: £15 million. Takings (worldwide):
$129, 266, 061.
• Wildchild- Budget: $20 million. Takings (worldwide): $20,
Distribution And Exhibiting
• Working Title Films partly owed by Universal Pictures who
are also the distributer. These films are then show in
cinema and after can be bought on DVD.
• They also have a joint TV channel with Universal where
they show their TV films.