1. EXPLAIN #T3A
TYPO3 Association Facts & Figures
Olivier Dobberkau (EAB)
Ric van Westhreenen (Vice President)
2. TYPO3 Association Facts & Figures
About the TYPO3 Association
Mission & Vision
Projects & Products
What’s cooking at the T3A?
3. About the TYPO3 Association
● Founded 2004 by a group of TYPO3
● Aim: Support the different TYPO3 projects
● Its an association according to the swiss law
● Situated in Baar ZG
● Underwent different transformations
resulting to the current Bylaws
4. Goals of the TYPO3 Association
As defined in the Bylaws
● Events for the purpose of information and
● Internal and external communication to
spread knowledge and competence using
● Sustained, particularly long-term
development of the various TYPO3 software
● Securing trademark rights in the interest of
the TYPO3 community
5. Mission & Vision
Mission Statement: To jointly innovate excellent
free software enabling people to communicate
Vision: Inspiring People to share
6. Official Bodies
Expert Advisory Board
Business Control Commitee
7. Board of the TYPO3 Association
The board is doing the daily business of
running the TYPO3 Association. Elected by the
Members of the EAB.
Jürgen Egeling (President)
Ric van Westhreenen (Vice-President)
Alain Veuve (Treasurer)
Stefan Busemann (Secretary)
Søren Schaffstein (First Assessor)
Frederic Gaus (Second Assessor)
8. Expert Advisory Board
It is responsible for the affairs of the TYPO3
Association. Elected by the Members.
Peter Pröll (EAB Chairman)
Jan-Hendrik Heuing (EAB Vice-Chairman)
9. Business Control Commitee
Controlling the budgets and their usage by the
budget-owners. Elected by the Members.
10. Nominate yourself!*
Upcoming elections for 2014
*) by 2013-12-31
The TYPO3 Association is a members
organisation. Our members pay a yearly
membership fee that is used to fund activities,
events and projects.
Currently we have 841 members.*
9 Platinum, 90 Gold, 266 Silver & 476 Bronze.
*) as of September 2013
12. Projects & Products
Most of our code project is centered around
web based content management systems that
aim to provide solutions for enterprise users.
Code is mostly HTML, CSS, JS, PHP and SQL.
TYPO3 CMS, TYPO3 NEOS and TYPO3
FLOW are our main projects.
13. TYPO3 CMS
TYPO3 CMS is our core product that has
grown into a successful open source solution
that offers a great way to create and deliver
web based content and applications.
We are proudly looking at a large installation
base and a great community that has made our
TYPO3 Association possible.
More about the history and the current status
can be found on: http://typo3.org/about/typo3the-cms/
14. TYPO3 Flow
TYPO3 Flow is a web application platform
enabling developers creating excellent web
solutions and bring back the joy of coding.
It gives you fast results. It is a reliable
foundation for complex applications. And it is
backed by one of the biggest PHP
More Info can be found: http://flow.typo3.org/
15. TYPO3 Neos
TYPO3 Neos is the next-generation open
source content management system of the
Neos is based on the PHP framework TYPO3
Flow and its editing interface lets you focus on
your task for a revolutionary editing experience.
More Info can be found: http://neos.typo3.org/
16. Notable Projects & Products
There a many Projects and Products beside
our main line:
TYPO3 Documentation Project
TYPO3 Extbase Team
Server Administration Team
TYPO3 Security Team
TYPO3 FLUID, forge.typo3.og
17. People in the TYPO3 Association
All the people working in the TYPO3
Association are volunteers. We have some
professional support on the bookkeeping
aspects and have started to be supported on
the press relations for our product releases and
Our community management is taken care by
our community manager Ben van ’t Ende. His
work is funded with a yearly budget.
We regularly organize Events and help others
to do so.
Official (budgeted) Events:
● TYPO3 Conference (Europe & N. America)
● TYPO3 Developer Days
● TYPO3 Snowboard Tour
● TYPO3 East Europe & TYPO3 Day Poland
● TYPO3 Code Sprints
● TYPO3 University (France)
Many non-official Events happen during the
Inspiring Flow Conference
TYPO3 Usergroup meetings
Release Parties all over the World
● Certification of TYPO3 Integrators
○ We have started to build a certification for TYPO3
Integrators some years ago and have now partnered
with Pearson Vue to be able to offer this world-wide
● Membership in the OASIS
● Willing to join other Organizations such as
21. Financial Facts
The 2013 budget of the TYPO3 Association
● 475.000 EURO projected income
● 475.000 EURO assigned to projects and
● 35 funded projects
22. What's cooking at the T3A?
● Change is our constant
● How can the T3A lower barriers?
● How can we kickstart ideas?
● Executive Secretary Job opening
● Election of Board & EAB positions
● Members Survey
23. What's cooking at the T3A?
● Strategy Process
Creating the open spaces
Growing while being small
Place to be for Content & Information Management
Balancing the needs & expectations of all
○ Agenda for the next 10 years
○ How can we involve more people?
○ Expand our footprint in Open Source
○ Common understanding
Other T3A sessions today:
● Budget Session at 17:00
25. Thank you!
Ric van Westhreenen <ric.