2. Remove the wrappers and let them dry under the hot sun for a few days before using them. HINT 1 Making cakes of soap last longer
3. HINT 2 Getting more juice from your Lemons and Limes Before squeezing them, immerse in hot water for about 15 minutes.
4. HINT 3 Getting ketchup out of a fresh bottle. Sometimes you find ketchup won’t flow out of a fresh bottle despite some shaking. Insert a drinking straw and push it to the bottom. Enough air will be admitted to start even flow.
5. HINT 4 Easing drawers that stick Rub the runners with candle wax or soap. The drawers will then run smoothly.
6. HINT 5 Separating stuck postage stamps When postage stamps are stuck together, place them in the freezer of the refrigerator. They will usually come apart and the glue can still be used again.
7. HINT 6 Making candles burn longer Put your candles for a few hours in the freezing compartment of your refrigerator before using them. They will then burn longer and better.
8. HINT 7 Scraping new potatoes Add a little bicarbonate of soda into hot water. Stir. Then soak the potatoes for a few minutes. They will now be much easier to scrape.
9. HINT 8 Peeling soft oranges Sometimes you have difficulty doing so. Put the soft oranges into your refrigerator for a few hours. Peeling is now much easier.
10. HINT 9 Preventing egg white leaking out when boiling eggs Add a little vinegar to the water when boiling your eggs.
11. HINT 10 Removing blood stains on fabric Soak the clothes in cold salted water. Change the water regularly and then wash as usual.
12. HINT 11 Preventing cut apples and pears from turning dark Dip the cut pieces into some lemon or lime juice. They can now keep longer without turning dark.
13. HINT 12 Removing deposit from kettles Make a mixture of equal amounts of vinegar and water. Boil the mixture in the kettle and then let it cool. Empty and rinse well with water.
14. HINT 13 Peeling onions without tears Peel the onions under cold running water or chill the onions in the refrigerator first before peeling.
15. HINT 14 Keeping biscuits crisp Put a cube of sugar into the tin in which you keep your biscuits.
16. HINT 15 Cleaning glass windows and mirrors The printing ink that is used in newspapers has a wonderful effect on glass. Wash the dirt off first. Then damp a piece of newspaper and use it to clean your glass windows and mirrors.
17. The End With Metta, Bro. Oh Teik Bin “ Let us care and share”