4. 1; ripe and cubed 1 large or 2 small1/4 tsp. 1/4 tsp. 1/2 tsp. pinch (white pepper) 2 tsp. 1/4 tsp.
5. Pumpkin Two Ways 1. Pre-heat oven to 400. 2. Roast 1 halved, cored pumpkin; puree. 3. Peel, cube, and toss the other in: 1/4 tsp. rosemary 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/4 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 tsp. salt and 1 pinch white pepper 2 tsp. olive oil 1 ﬁnely cubed pear
6. Pumpkin puree
7. Roasted pumpkin
8. Fo r the risotto, you need...
9. 1 cup 1/2 cup 3 cups 1 1/2 cups 3 tbsp. 1/2 cup 1/2 tsp + 1 sprig 1/4 tsp1/2 cup, diced 1 1/2 cups 1/4 cup
10. Preparing the risotto Ingredients 3 cups stock 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin (vegetable or chicken) puree, 3 tbsp. butter 1 cup roasted pumpkin 1/2 cup of onion, 1/2 cup of parmesan diced cheese 1 1/2 cups arborio 1/4 cup of heavy rice cream 1/2 cup white wine salt and pepper 1/2 tsp. chopped Pepitas (optional) rosemary 1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1 sprig rosemary
11. Preparation1. Heat the stock in a medium saucepan until it comes to a simmer.2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it has melted, add the onions and cook until translucent.3. Add the rice and cook for a few minutes, until the rice has browned a bit and the butter has had a chance to coat the rice.4. Add the wine and cook until the rice absorbs the liquid. Reduce the heat to medium low.5. Add 1/2 cup of warmed stock to the rice and stir, stir, stir, until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat this process until all of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.6. Then, add the pumpkin puree, nutmeg, rosemary, and stir until creamy. Add the pumpkin cubes and cheese.7. Finally, add the cream, stir unitl creamy. Serve with a garnish of rosemary or pepitas (roasted pumpkin seeds) and a bit more parmesan cheese.
12. Enjoy!Risotto recipe by Straight from the Farm