Benchmarking is the process of continually searching for the best methods, practices and processes, and either adopting or adapting their good features and implementing them to become the “best of the …
Benchmarking is the process of continually searching for the best methods, practices and processes, and either adopting or adapting their good features and implementing them to become the “best of the best.” To become the best-in-class, organizations need to implement the right process to get there.
This presentation deck covers the benefits of benchmarking, various types of benchmarking, identifying what to benchmark, and provides a detailed step by step guidance on how to systematically carry out a benchmarking project based on the world-renown Xerox benchmarking model. It also includes useful tips on benchmarking, benchmarking etiquettes and the critical success factors.
1. Explain what benchmarking is
2. Acquire the benchmarking process know-how based on the four-phase, ten-step Xerox Benchmarking model
3. Determine the best processes to benchmark to meet your needs
4. Define the critical success factors in benchmarking implementation
Introduction to Benchmarking
What is Benchmarking?
Four Phases of Benchmarking
Preparation for Benchmarking
The Benchmarking Process
Step-by-step: Xerox Benchmarking Process
- Step 1: What to benchmark?
- Step 2: Whom to benchmark?
- Step 3: Data collection
- Step 4: Determine current performance “gap”
- Step 5: Project future performance levels
- Step 6: Communicate findings and gain acceptance
- Step 7 Establish goals
- Step 8: Develop action plans
- Step 9: Implement actions and monitor progress
- Step 10: Re-calibrate benchmarks
Benchmarking Site Visit
Benchmarking Pitfalls & Success
To download this complete presentation, please visit: http://www.oeconsulting.com.sg