2. What Is It? What is a QR code? A QR code is a 2 dimensional barcode which can be scanned with a mobile phone which has a camera. They give you quick access to mobile content. For example, a QR code can take you to a web page, play a piece of music, or display an image. QR Codes have been popular in Japan and Korea since the late 90s and are now starting to catch on in Europe and North America. In Japan you see them on just about everything from business cards to boarding passes.
3. How much information can a QR code contain? QR Code Data Capacity Numeric only Max. 7,089 characters Alphanumeric Max. 4,296 characters Binary (8 bits) Max. 2,953 bytes Kanji, full-width Kana Max. 1,817 characters
4. Some Examples
5. The Details How much does it cost? Nothing. It’s totally free. How is it used? QR Code is being used in a wide variety of applications, such as manufacturing, logistics, and sales applications. In terms of common everyday use, QR Code is being printed in magazines, newspapers, and on product packaging. As well as that it’s also found on websites, blogs and wikis.
6. More Details What do I need to do to start using this technology? Assuming you already have a mobile phone, the first thing you’ll need to do is download the code reader software. You can get the software in a number of different ways. One way is to go to a website and download the software onto your mobile.
7. Go to: http://www.viooli.com
8. Go to: http://www.i-nigma.com
9. Supported Devices
10. Go to: http://snappr.net
11. Questions? Graham Clark a [email_address] a 61 (0)404 222 914