ZASSP - SRLF Shared Print in Storage -5CLUSP - UCLA Shared Print in Place - 5CUSSP-UCSD Shared Print in Place -11SL3SP - Stanford SAL3 Shared Print in Storage - 25CRLAA - CRL Shared Print - 165
The next 11 weeks.
852 $a = location852$b = sub-location or collection561 = ownership or custodial history (where previously recorded holding library is indicated)
Print Archive Pilot meeting 2012 01-09
Print Archives Disclosure PilotToday’s objectives: • Review project timeline, upcoming milestones • Update on status of LHR batch-load plans from pilot sites • Update on resource-sharing scenarios and test plan • Share OCLC position statement on print archive LHR • Identify outstanding action items Provide pilot participants with forum for sharing expertise, best-practices
Agenda 10:00 Review project timeline 10:10 Update: Batch-load plans + Group Discussion 10:30 Update: Resource sharing scenarios & test plan 10:45 OCLC position statement on Print Archive Local Holdings Records 10:50 Action Items we’ve scheduled 90 minutes to allow for changes to agenda NB This WebEx session will be recorded
Print Archives Disclosure Pilot - Summary • Assess feasibility of disclosing institutional print archiving commitments using existing bibliographic infrastructure (583 Action Note in LHR) • Per-title Local Holdings record creation in Connexion • Batch processing in local system + load to WorldCat • Load Local Holding Records for sample titles from multiple Print Archiving initiatives – e.g. WEST, CIC Print Archive • 46 WEST titles (to date) • 165 CRL archive titles (to date) • Evaluate impact on Resource Sharing workflows
Project Timeline – upcoming milestones By … • 31 January: all batch request forms submitted • 17 February: test of resource-sharing scenarios completed • 16 March: majority of batch loads complete NB: OCLC typically requires 90 days to complete load process • 30 March: draft of report summarizing findings complete
Summary: Batch-load plans at pilot sites Batch-load plans: • 75% of pilot partners (6 institutions) will contribute print archive LHR via batch; most sites expect to start loading January/February 2012 • Remaining 25% either don’t have sufficient records to justify batch load or lack infrastructure to support batch export, processing Most common pre-processing activities: • Update 852$a and $b • Auto-generate generic 583 and 561 statements • Add OCLC number to holdings record Tools: • MarcEdit
For Discussion • Common experiences across local system cohorts? Expert tips and tricks? • SIRSI – Indiana, Stanford • Aleph – Minnesota, Oregon • Millenium – CRL, UCSD • Voyager – UCLA, SRLF • (How) can we build a shared knowledge-base for other libraries participating in print archiving initiatives?
Resource sharing test scenarios I Recent Developments: • Resource sharing subgroup augmented • Resource sharing discussion list established • Four test scenarios drafted (2-3 more needed) • Several tools under construction: • List of test records • ILL transaction worksheet • ILL transaction log
Resource sharing test scenarios II Action Items: • Finish drafting test scenarios • Create test plan • Engage appropriate staff at pilot institutions: • Populate discussion list • Get new symbols in working order • Iron out logistics of test plan • Test disclosure strategy impact on ILL operations
Actions needed Batch-load contributors: • Submit batch order form via OCLC Online Service Center (select Batch Processing for Local Holdings Records) before 31 January Indicate PRINT ARCHIVE PILOT in the special instructions area Please include firstname.lastname@example.org among notification contacts for processing reports Resource sharing group: • Finalize resource sharing use cases, establish test plan Everyone: • Share questions, concerns with Coordinating Committee
Thanks for your attention. email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.