2. As the need for coastal and remote location surveillance and
monitoring at the surface of oceans and other bodies of water
has increased, so has the utilization of USVs (unmanned
The WAM-V is the most ideal and best-suited platform for
• Wave Adaptive: the hulls of a WAM-V conform to the
surface of the water, acting like the tires of a car to absorb
vibrations caused by high frequency waves inputs. The
articulation and suspension systems dissipate the medium
to low frequency waves.
WAVE ADAPTIVE MODULAR VESSELS
3. • Modularity payloads and instrument
packages can be quickly switched,
• Helicopter-like Functionality can
pick up and deliver payloads from its
center structure in open ocean or in
very shallow water.
• Reduced Footprint can be disassembled into components
and packed for shipment. Alternatively, they can be
designed to hydraulically, pneumatically or manually fold
and reduce their footprint by up to 75%.
• Stability & Maneuverability an exceptionally stable and
seaworthy platform. Widely spaced engine pods afford a
high degree of maneuverability, allowing the vessel to turn
360 within its own length.
• Scalability can be built in different lengths to match specific
4. Marine Advanced Research has introduced several variants
of the original WAM-V: 12’, 14’, 16’ and 33’ WAM-V USVs.
By the start of 2014, WAM-Vs will be operating in 5 different