New Media Case Study Nydia Duncan
What is Podcasting?
- Podcasting is a method of publishing audio and video programs via the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed of new files (usually MP3s).
What are the technologies that underpin Podcasting?
- The technologies that underpin Podcasting are audio and video programs.
Who controls Podcasting?
- The person that creates the podcast and/or the website controls podcasting.
What current channels of information and media will be affected by Podcasting?
- The current channels of information and media will be affected by Podcasting are televisions and radios.
Who should seek to control these new media channels?
- People that would like to have influence on the public
How far should freedom of speech be allowed to go?
- Freedom of speech should be allowed to go as far as possible because it is called freed of speech not limited freedom of speech.
To what extent is the validity of a source of information dependant on our ability to identify the author?
- The validity of a source of information is very dependant on our ability to identify the author because if the author is to one-sided and the author could be bias.