Wayne County High School
March Monthly Report
Items Checked Out: 199 items
- Fiction Titles – 151 items – 75.88% of checked out items
- Nonfiction Titles – 52 – 21.11% of checked out items
o 000 – 099 – 1 item – 0.50%
o 100 – 199 – 2 items – 1.01%
o 200 – 299 – 1 item – 0.50%
o 300 – 399 – 2 items – 1.01%
o 400 – 499 – 4 items – 2.01%
o 500 – 599 – 4 items – 2.01%
o 600 – 699 – 8 items – 4.02%
o 700 – 799 – 5 items – 2.51%
o 800 – 899 – 4 items – 2.01%
o 900 – 999 – 11 items – 5.53%
- Reference – 6 – 3.02% of checked out items
Overdue Items: 108 Books
Students with Overdue Items: 102 Students
- All 11th Grade Language Arts classes completed the research portion of their research papers this month. All
teachers brought their students to the media center for research and to begin typing papers.
- All 9th Grade Academy Language Arts teachers began their research unit this semester. Teachers brought
their students to the media center for research, and all students participated in a Galileo lesson with the
media specialist. The lesson included a screencast.
- All 9th Grade Academy Science teachers had students research famous scientists and create a timeline
according to the scientist they had.
- Many Social Studies teachers require students to submit current events on Fridays, students visited the
library to use newspapers available in the media center.
- One class of 9th Grade Academy Social Studies students visited the library to research famous knights.
- Turtle Express Books set up a display for teachers and staff to shop for books and other items.
- Twenty-seven printer cartridges were recycled and replaced.
- Constant flow of students during lunch and in between classes to check out books and use the computers.
- All books in the fiction section, through the letter H, that have not been checked out more than once in a
year, were updated in the online catalog.
- Title One calculators were added to the online catalog, and completely processed.
Lessons Taught By the Media Specialists:
- Galileo Lesson
- Research Lesson to find Knights
- Research Lesson to find Scientists