1. Is the key….…… Healthy Body and Mind. The study of various nutrients, their functions, food sources and their effects in human well being is called NUTRITION. Nutrition science is the area of knowledge regarding the role of food in maintenance of health.
2. Nutrition Education is a systematically planned set of activities. Nutrition Education is an essential component to improve the nutritional status of a population and is crucial for the well being of people in general.
3. Nutrition Education, Based on different views: One View: Information dissemination approach Second View: Facilitating behaviours conducive to health Third View: Focus on environmental change
4. Influence public policies and promote access to a variety of nutritious food. To develop personal skills and motivation to adopt healthy eating practices. To develop nutrition advisory services and nutrition education of the public. To participate in coordinated community nutrition programme. To improve nutritional status/ level in the community.
5. Major functions of nutrition education activities Increase awareness Enhancing peoples motivation Facilitating the ability to take action Improving environmental supports
6. Nutrition Educators can also use a growth centered educational approach. Nutrition educators can also work in coalitions with Other professionals Major Organizational and Operational Governmental Agencies Sectors………
7. All the Basic Foods in abundance • Fast Food high in fat sugar and salt • Sweetened Beverages • Large Portions • More fruits and Vegetables• Familiar • More whole• Easy (To buy, and lessprepare and eat) processed grains• Tasty Food • Variety• Good value for • Less Fat,Money (Cheap) Sugar and• Healthy Sodium • Balanced food and Physical activity
8. Public Health Nutrition EDUCATION Nutritional Health ConcernNutrition Education Health Promotion
9. Advantage s
11. Nutrition education can help people understand that diet is related to their health and can provide information on what food to eat for health. Increase awareness