Adjective ( word ) phrase ) sentence ) good, bad,new, hot, my, this 2
) 1. attributive use ) She is a beautiful girl. ( beautiful girl) These are small envelopes. ( small envelopes)
2. predicativeuse ) verb to beadjective noun pronounverb to be- The girl is beautiful. ( beautiful verbto be girl the girl- These envelopes are small.
1. Proper adjective ( Proper noun Proper noun Proper Adjective Chinese = China = , France = French = , Italian = Italy = ,
large fat big hugeheavy light thin small expensicheap brave coward vewhite dark tall handsome
uncountable noun ) much any half enough little all whole some great sufficient
order ) 21. DEFINITE NUMERAL ) 3(1) CARDINAL) ONE, TWO,THREE, FOUR …(2) ORDINAL ) FIRST, SECOND,THIRD…(3) MULTIPLICATIVE ) SINGLE,DOUBLE, TRIPLE…2. INDEFINITE NUMERAL) many no few some several any all enough
21. Definite Demonstrative the this these that the those such the other same2. Indefinite Demonstrative a one such any other an a certain some other any certain another
6. Distributive Adjective 2 each 2 every either 2 neither 2
7. POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVE MY ,YOUR, HIS , HER, ITS, THEIR OUR 8. INTERROGATIVE ADJECTIVE WHAT WHICH WHOSE
1. Adverbs of Degree adjective adverb certainl definitel probab entirelabsolutely obviously very y y, ly y almost nearly quite just too enough hardly extremel scarcelcompletely very exactly so much y y quite perhapsprobably rather fairly only slightly
AUXILIARY VERB ) MAIN VERB-THE WATERWAS EXTREMELY COLD.( ADJECTIVE - COLD)-I AM TOO TIRED TO GO OUTTONIGHT. ADJECTIVE - TIRED)PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK TOO FAST. ADVERB - FAST )
(WHEN ) ( FOR HOW LONG ) ( HOW OFTEN )WHEN : TODAY, YESTERDAY, LATER, NOW, LASTYEAR, AFTER, SOON, BEFORE, SOMETIME ( , , IMMEDIATELY, RECENTLY,EARLYFOR HOW LONG : ALL DAY, NOT LONG, FOR AWHILE, SINCE LAST YEAR, TEMPORARILY, BRIEFLY,FROM......TO, TILL, UNTIL ( ADVERBSOF DURATION )HOW OFTEN : SOMETIMES ( ,FREQUENTLY, NEVER, OFTEN, ALWAYS, MONTHLY ( ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY )
ADVERB FOR HOW LONG ) I LIVED IN AUSTRALIA FORA YEAR. 1ADVERB HOW OFTEN ) MAIN VERB ) ( AUXILIARY VERBS )I OFTEN EAT VEGETARIAN FOOD.ADVERBTHIS MAGAZINE IS PUBLISHED MONTHLY.ADVERBSSHE REGULARLY VISITS FRANCE.SHE VISITS FRANCE REGULARLY.
3. ADVERBS OF MANNER ADVERB ( HOW ) ADVERB -LY actively any howaggressively loudly carefully distinctly easily equally fast gladly intentionall greedily y quickly promptly simply , quietly
THEY WALK SLOWLY. ( SLOWLY WALKHER EYES SHINE BRIGHTLY.I CAN SPEAK JAPANESE WELL. JAPANESE SPEAK )SHE SINGS THE SONG BEAUTIFULLY. ( SONG SING )
I HAVE CAREFULLY CONSIDERED ALL OF THEPOSSIBILITIES.I HARDLY HAD ANY TIME TO TALK TO HIM.ADVERBS OF MANNER ADVERBPATIENTLY, WE WAITED FOR THE SHOW TOBEGIN.
ADVERBS OF MANNER HOW-HOW QUICKLY THE TIME PASSES!HOW HARD SHE WORKS! PASSIVE VOICE ADVERBOF MANNER3-THE REPORT WAS WELL WRITTEN.
SITUATION. (INFORMAL)I WANTED TO CONSIDER THESITUATION CAREFULLY. ( FORMAL )ADVERB OF MANNER PHRASESCLAUSESWE ARRIVED ON FOOT. (ON FOOT PHRASE )WE FINISHED THE WORK AS QUICKLY AS WECOULD. ( AS QUICKLY AS WE COULD CLAUSE )
4. ADVERB OF PLACE ADVERB ( WHERE )upstairs downstairs outside inside outdoors indoors here theresomewhere nowhere everywhere anywhere elsewhere home southwards backwards
) OBJECT ) THE STUDENTS ARE WALKING HOME. YOU LL FIND THESE FLOWERS EVERYWHERE. ( - FLOWERS ) THE BOOKS ARE HERE. - ARE ) CAT DONT USUALLY WALK BACKWARDS. - WALK )
5. Conjunctive Adverbs (independent clause ) consequentaccordingly also anyway besides certainly ly furthermo incidental further hence however indeed re ly neverthe nonethelesmeanwhile moreover namely next less s thereafte similarly still then therefore thus r otherwi finally likewise finally instead now
COMMA-BILL WENT TO SCHOOL; HOWEVER, HE DIDNTATTEND CLASSES.-THE CHECK WAS FOR MORE THAN THEBALANCE; CONSEQUENTLY, IT BOUNCED.-YOU WILL NEED TO FOCUS ON THEGOAL; OTHERWISE IT IS EASY TO GETDISTRACTED. ( COMMA OTHERWISE )
WHENWHY ARE YOU SO LATE?WHERE IS MY PASSPORT?HOW MUCH IS THAT COAT?WHEN DOES THE TRAIN ARRIVE?
WHY PREPOSITION + WHICHI REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN WE FIRST MET . ( WHEN = PREPOSITION ON + WHICH )THATS THE RESTAURANT WHERE WE HAD DINNERLAST NIGHT. ( WHERE= PREPOSITION AT/IN + WHICH)THE REASON WHY HE REFUSED ISUNCONVINCING.WHY= PREPOSITION FOR + WHICH )
8. Viewpoint and CommentingAdverbs confidentia honestly seriously personally lly surprisingl economical ideally officially y ly obviously clearlyHonestly, I think he is a liar.Personally, Id rather go by train.You obviously enjoined your meal.
WHY"I WENT TO THE STORE YESTERDAY TO BUY SOMESUGAR.I WILL GO TO THE LIBRARY TOMORROW TORETURN THE BOOK.I NEED TO BUY A NEW SHIRT BECAUSE MY OLDONE IS WORN OUT. COMMABECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY, IDECIDED TO GO FOR A WALK
10. ADVERBS OF CERTAINTY CERTAINLY , DEFINITELY, PROBABLY,UNDOUBTEDLY, SURELYHE DEFINITELY LEFT THE HOUSE THIS MORNING.HE HAS CERTAINLY FORGOTTEN THE MEETING.HE WILL PROBABLY REMEMBER TOMORROW.UNDOUBTEDLY, WINSTON CHURCHILL WAS AGREAT POLITICIAN.
ADVERBS ADJECTIVES ) SUFFIX )-LY ADVERB NOUNS - LY nouns adverbs day daily week weekly month monthly year yearly
ADJECTIVES -LYADVERBS ADJECTIVES ADVERBS OF MANNER -LY1. - LY Adjective Adverb of Manner bad badly complete completely normal normally surprising surprisingly
Adjectives ic -al -ly Adjective Adverb of Manner dramatic dramatically scientific scientifically specific specifically3. Adjectives le -le e y Adjectives Adverbs of Manner favorable favorably humble humbly simple simply
. Adjective le le ly Adjective Adverb of Manner agile agilely sole solely whole e ly Adjective Adverb of Manner whole wholly
. Adjectivesll y Adjective Adverb of Manner dull dully full fully Adjectives ue e ly Adjective Adverb of Manner due duly true truly
7. ADJECTIVES Y Y Y I LY Adverb of Adjective Manner busy busily easy easily happy happily angry angrily
adjectives shy slyly Adjective Adverb of Manner shy shyly sly slyly adjective gay y i ly Adjective Adverb of Manner gay gaily
of manner adverb ly consequently subsequently conjunctiveadverbs. Adverbs of Time (frequency ) ly adjective Adjective Adverb of Frequency frequent frequently rare rarely usual usuallyAdverbs ly Adjective Adverb of Manner good well
B. Adverbs of manner, location,time and frequencyAdjective Adjective Adverb of Manner fast fast train fast run fast hard hard hard work hard worker little little loud loud or loudly much much straight straight Adjective Adverb of Location far A man of far far He lives far up the vision. mountain. high high low low near near wide wide
Adjective Adverb of Timelong long long live long journey first first late late early early Adverb of Adjective Frequency daily go todaily daily work daily. ( every newspaper day ) monthly monthly
C. Adverbs ly Adverb Adverb hard hardly scarcely ) high highly very well ) late early lately recently ) (
MEMBER1.MISS NICHAPA EIEMCHOM ID:542015082.MR.PHANYA RACHAWON ID:542015113.MISS PIYAWAN SURISARN ID: 542015134.MR. WIROD IAMSRI ID:54201523 DEPARTMENT OF PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGYEDUCATION
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.