On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
) 1. attributive use ) She is a beautiful girl. ( beautiful girl) These are small envelopes. ( small envelopes)
2. predicativeuse ) verb to beadjective noun pronounverb to be- The girl is beautiful. ( beautiful verbto be girl the girl- These envelopes are small.
1. Proper adjective ( Proper noun Proper noun Proper Adjective Chinese = China = , France = French = , Italian = Italy = ,
large fat big hugeheavy light thin small expenscheap brave coward ivewhite dark tall handsome
uncountable noun ) enoug much any half little h all whole some great sufficient
order ) 21. DEFINITE NUMERAL ) 3(1) CARDINAL) ONE, TWO, THREE,FOUR …(2) ORDINAL ) FIRST, SECOND,THIRD…(3) MULTIPLICATIVE ) SINGLE,DOUBLE, TRIPLE…2. INDEFINITE NUMERAL ) many no few some sever any all enough al
21. Definite Demonstrative the this these that the those such the other same2. Indefinite Demonstrative a one such any other an a certain some other any certain another
6. Distributive Adjective 2 each 2 every either 2 neither 2
7. POSSESSIVE ADJECTIVE MY ,YOUR, HIS, HER, ITS, THEIR OUR8. INTERROGATIVE ADJECTIVE WHAT WHICH WHOSE
ADVERBS (TYPES ( )
1. Adverbs of Degree adjective adverbabsolute certai definit proba entir obvious very ly nly ely, bly ely ly nearl almost quite just too enough hardly ycomplete extre exact scarc very so much ly mely ly ely perha proba rathe fairl slightl quite only ps bly r y y
MAIN VERB AUXILIARY VERB ) MAIN VERB-THE WATER WAS EXTREMELY COLD.( ADJECTIVE - COLD)-I AM TOO TIRED TO GO OUT TONIGHT.ADJECTIVE - TIRED)PLEASE DO NOT SPEAK TOO FAST. ADVERB - FAST )
(WHEN ) ( FOR HOW LONG ) ( HOW OFTEN )WHEN : TODAY, YESTERDAY, LATER, NOW, LASTYEAR, AFTER, SOON, BEFORE, SOMETIME ( , , IMMEDIATELY, RECENTLY,EARLYFOR HOW LONG : ALL DAY, NOT LONG, FOR AWHILE, SINCE LAST YEAR, TEMPORARILY, BRIEFLY,FROM......TO, TILL, UNTIL ( ADVERBSOF DURATION )HOW OFTEN : SOMETIMES ( ,FREQUENTLY, NEVER, OFTEN, ALWAYS, MONTHLY ( ADVERBS OF FREQUENCY )
ADVERB FOR HOW LONG ) I LIVED IN AUSTRALIA FOR AYEAR. 1ADVERB HOW OFTEN ) MAIN VERB ) ( AUXILIARY VERBS )I OFTEN EAT VEGETARIAN FOOD.ADVERBTHIS MAGAZINE IS PUBLISHED MONTHLY.ADVERBSSHE REGULARLY VISITS FRANCE.SHE VISITS FRANCE REGULARLY.
3. ADVERBS OF MANNER ADVERB ( HOW ) ADVERB -LY actively any howaggressive loudly ly distinctlcarefully y easily equally fast gladly intentiongreedily ally promptl quickly y
THEY WALK SLOWLY. ( SLOWLY WALKHER EYES SHINE BRIGHTLY.I CAN SPEAK JAPANESE WELL. JAPANESE SPEAK )SHE SINGS THE SONG BEAUTIFULLY. ( SONG SING )
I HAVE CAREFULLY CONSIDERED ALL OF THEPOSSIBILITIES.I HARDLY HAD ANY TIME TO TALK TO HIM.ADVERBS OF MANNER ADVERBPATIENTLY, WE WAITED FOR THE SHOW TOBEGIN.
ADVERBS OF MANNER HOW-HOW QUICKLY THE TIME PASSES!HOW HARD SHE WORKS! PASSIVE VOICE ADVERB OFMANNER 3-THE REPORT WAS WELL WRITTEN.
(INFORMAL)I WANTED TO CONSIDER THE SITUATION CAREFULLY.( FORMAL )ADVERB OF MANNER PHRASESCLAUSESWE ARRIVED ON FOOT. ( ONFOOT PHRASE )WE FINISHED THE WORK AS QUICKLY AS WECOULD. ( AS QUICKLY AS WE COULD CLAUSE )
4. ADVERB OF PLACE ADVERB ( WHERE ) downstai outdoor indoorupstairs outside inside here there rs s ssomewhe everywhe anywher elsewhe southwar backwar nowhere home re re e re ds ds
) OBJECT ) THE STUDENTS ARE WALKING HOME. YOU LL FIND THESE FLOWERS EVERYWHERE. ( - FLOWERS ) THE BOOKS ARE HERE. - ARE ) CAT DONT USUALLY WALK BACKWARDS. - WALK )
5. Conjunctive Adverbs (independent clause )accordin anywa certainl conseque also besides gly y y ntly further howeve incident further hence indeed more r allymeanwhi moreove namel nevert nonethel next le r y heless ess thereaf therefosimilarly still then thus ter re other finally likewise finally instead now
COMMA SO OTHERWISE COMMA-BILL WENT TO SCHOOL; HOWEVER, HE DIDNTATTEND CLASSES.-THE CHECK WAS FOR MORE THAN THEBALANCE; CONSEQUENTLY, IT BOUNCED.-YOU WILL NEED TO FOCUS ON THEGOAL; OTHERWISE IT IS EASY TO GET DISTRACTED. ( COMMA OTHERWISE )
WHY, WHERE, HOW, WHENWHY ARE YOU SO LATE?WHERE IS MY PASSPORT?HOW MUCH IS THAT COAT?WHEN DOES THE TRAIN ARRIVE?
RELATIVE CLAUSE WHEN, WHERE,WHY PREPOSITION + WHICHI REMEMBER THE DAY WHEN WE FIRST MET . ( WHEN = PREPOSITION ON + WHICH )THATS THE RESTAURANT WHERE WE HAD DINNERLAST NIGHT. ( WHERE= PREPOSITION AT/IN + WHICH)THE REASON WHY HE REFUSED IS UNCONVINCING.WHY= PREPOSITION FOR + WHICH )
8. Viewpoint and CommentingAdverbs seriousl confiden personal honestly y tially ly surprisin economic officiall ideally gly ally y obviousl clearlyHonestly, I think he is a liar. yPersonally, Id rather go by train.You obviously enjoined your meal.
9. ADVERBS PHRASES AND CLAUSES OFPURPOSE WHY"I WENT TO THE STORE YESTERDAY TO BUY SOMESUGAR.I WILL GO TO THE LIBRARY TOMORROW TORETURN THE BOOK.I NEED TO BUY A NEW SHIRT BECAUSE MY OLD ONE ISWORN OUT. COMMABECAUSE IT WAS SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY, I DECIDEDTO GO FOR A WALK
10. ADVERBS OF CERTAINTYCERTAINLY , DEFINITELY, PROBABLY, UNDOUBTEDLY,SURELYHE DEFINITELY LEFT THE HOUSE THIS MORNING.HE HAS CERTAINLY FORGOTTEN THE MEETING.HE WILL PROBABLY REMEMBER TOMORROW.UNDOUBTEDLY, WINSTON CHURCHILL WAS A GREATPOLITICIAN.
ADVERBS ADJECTIVES ) SUFFIX )-LY ADVERB NOUNS - LY nouns adverbs day daily week weekly month monthly year yearly
ADJECTIVES -LYADVERBS ADJECTIVES ADVERBS OF MANNER -LY1. - LY Adjective Adverb of Manner bad badly complete completely normal normally surprising surprisingly
Adjectives ic -al -ly Adjective Adverb of Manner dramatic dramatically scientific scientifically specific specifically3. Adjectives le -le e y Adjectives Adverbs of Manner favorable favorably humble humbly simple simply
. Adjective le le ly Adjective Adverb of Manner agile agilely sole solely whole e ly Adjective Adverb of Manner whole wholly
. Adjectivesll y Adjective Adverb of Manner dull dully full fullyAdjectives ue e ly Adjective Adverb of Manner due duly true truly
7. ADJECTIVES Y Y Y I LY Adverb of Adjective Manner busy busily easy easily happy happily angry angrily
adjectives shy slyly Adjective Adverb of Manner shy shyly sly slyly adjective gay y i ly Adverb ofAdjective Manner gay gaily
adverbs of manner adverb ly consequently subsequently conjunctiveadverbs. Adverbs of Time( frequency ) lyadjective Adjective Adverb of Frequency frequent frequently rare rarely usual usuallyAdverbs ly Adjective Adverb of Manner good well
B. Adverbs of manner, location,time and frequencyAdjective Adjective Adverb of Manner fast fast fast run fast train hard hard hard work hard worker little little loud loud or loudly much much straight straight Adjective Adverb of Location far A man of far He lives far up the far vision. mountain. high high low low near near
Adjective Adverb of Timelong long long live journey long first first late late early early Adverb of Adjective Frequency daily go daily dai to work daily.ly newspaper ( every day ) monthly monthly
C. Adverbs ly Adver Adver b b hard hard ly scarcely ) highl high y very well ) latel late early ( y recently )
MEMBER1.MISS NICHAPA EIEMCHOM ID:542015082.MR.PHANYA RACHAWON ID:542015113.MISS PIYAWAN SURISARN ID: 542015134.MR. WIROD IAMSRI ID:54201523 DEPARTMENT OF PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGYEDUCATION