3. For 29 years, from 1719-1748, he barely took the trouble to make war, watched patridge fights in the morning, and was entertained by mime artists in the evening.Frequently dressed in a womans tunic and pearl-embroideredshoes, he was bestowed the moniker of _______, the colorful one. Identify this Mughal ruler, one of the few to suffer the ignonimy of having no road in Delhi named after him.
Raushan Akhtar Muhammad Shah, also known as Rangila
4. In a first, American restaurant franchise ______ has opened a Jain counter at its first all-veg outlet in Ahmedabad at a location with a high density of Jain population. "We will now add more vegetarian items on the menu inGujarat, which is the only state that contributes 60% of the total sales from vegetarian food," said Durlabh Singh, ______s development agent for Gujarat and Daman-Diu.
5. X is damaged by ________ to such an extent that a technical inspection in2011 revealed that the thickness of the steel hoods protecting the pillars had reduced from 6mm to less than 3mm. Y announced that it will spend Rs. 2million on covering the base with fibreglass casing, since damage to the hoods can jeopardize the safety of X.
6. X, the daughter of Indonesias first President, Y, herself served as the first female President from 2001 to 2004. Born on a day of heavy rain in 1947, her name is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning Goddess of the Clouds. She was named thus by Z, an eminent Indian leader at Ys request.
7. Some of his non-fiction essays are listed below - • Patake • Deewaron Par Likhna • Karchi Aur Karchiyan • Khansi Par • Log Apne Aap Ko Madhosh Kyon Karte Hain • Naak Ki Kismein Identify this author, whose self-written epitah reads, "Here lies buried X in whose bosom are enshrined all the secrets and art of short story writing.Buried under mounds of earth, even now he is contemplating whether he is a greater short story writer or God."
8. X, the wazir of Akbar, and the author of Akbarnama was assassinated by Y, upon the orders of Prince Salim, as X was known to be opposed to the ascension of Salim to the throne. The murder gutted Akbar, who "did not shave or take opium that day." As a reward, Y was made the ruler of the kingdom of Z.
9. When asked why she had returned her _____, this octogenarianreplied, " Im not the first one to do this! ...Besides, we have seen how things get stolen or misplaced in India. Over the past years, famous paintings have been stolen that have never been retrieved. Even Rabindranath Tagores Nobel medal wasntspared. Not many people can claim to have held ______ in their hands and I want that feeling to stay alive."
10.The Goa Carnival, a non-stop 3 day festival of color and music, is an integral part of the Portuguese heritage of the state. It wasintroduced by the erstwhile rulers as a rowdy celebration in which flour, eggs, oranges, mud, sand-filled gloves along with dirty water, various liquids and glue were aimed at passersby. As a tradition, a King of Chaos, called X, is elected to preside over the whole festival. Y, who held the title of X in 1974, later went on become theChief Minister of the state, and is currently the South Goa MP in Lok Sabha.
11. Set up in 1844, X is currently Indias oldest surviving bookshop. "Among the many elusive and indescribable charms of life in Madras City is the existence of my favorite bookshop, X on MountRoad...Altogether a delightful place for the casual browser and a serious book lover," said Lord Trevelyan, Governor of Madras, to Lord Macaulay in 1859.X was appointed as the "Official booksellers to His Royal Highness, the Prince of Wales" during the latters visit to India in 1875.It is now a part of the Amalgamations Group, and consists of a chain of 22 outlets spread across South India.
12. Instituted in 1895, X is organised by the Bengal HockeyAssociation and is usually held on the Mohun Bagan ground in Kolkata. Y had this to say about X, “In my opinion it is perhaps the bestorganised hockey event in the country...This tournament has had a non-stop run. World Wars I and II did not affect thetournament. Threats of Japanese bombs and actual bombings inKolkata while the hockey season was on also did not prevent the tournament from being held. That being said, it is sad to thinkthat the tournament had to yield to the communal frenzy which gripped the nation in 1946-47."
14. His first taste of success was when he won a prize at the State-level sports meet in Dharwad. He then won a Bronze medal at the Mysore University sports meet.Supported by Samarthanam, a Bangalore based NGO since 2008, he achieved a certain feat, becoming only the 8th Indian to do so. <image>
Girisha NagarajegowdaIndias only medalist at the 2012 Paralympic Games
15. Based on the ownership structure, public sector enterprises are classified either as departmental undertakings, statutory corporations, government owned companies, or autonomous bodies. SBI, Coal India Limited, NALCO are a few examples.Who/what acts as the promoter/majority stakeholder in Government owned companies.
17. X is a famous locality in Delhi. The Mela restaurant in the UK has imitated this place and a popular restaurant group is also trying to copy the ambience of this place in Bombay. Of the 20 shops present in the late 1960s (all belonging to branches of the same family), three remain: Pt Kanhaiyalal Durgaprasad Dixit (estd 1875), Pt Dayanand Shivcharan (estd 1882), and Pt Baburam Devidayal (estd 1886).
20. It is one of the seven most ancient cities in the country. The modern-day cityis said to be the seventh city as the previous six ones have been destroyed by a particular force of nature. It is a relatively flat region at sea-level, having an average elevation of 0 metres (0 feet). This is, according to the GarudaPurana, one of the seven sites enumerated as the giver of Moksha. The others being - Ayodhya, Mathura, Māyā, Kāsi, Kāñchī and Avantikā. Which city?