2 2• In the video game Spore, the player may utilize various tools such as crop circles to interact with primitive lifeforms, or place a ________ on a planet, triggering evolution of intelligence.• The ________ is an enemy faction featured in the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl that worship an object that is supposedly from outer space. It is claimed to hold the power to grant wishes.• In an episode of Futurama, Fry, Amy and Zoidberg fly out to Europa to have a picnic and "spit watermelon seeds at Jupiter". Along the way, they pass a ________, which has an "Out of Order" sign taped to it.• Fill in the blank.
3 (A)• El Camino by the Black Keys• A faux newspaper advertisement and parody car commercial advertising an old van as a Chevrolet "El Camino" were used to promote the record prior to release.
4• The origins of X are uncertain. She has been described as the daughter of Oceanus or Zeus, but according to Hesiod she was a child of Erebus and Nyx. She has also been described as the daughter of Nyx alone.• The initial meaning of the her name is similar to the Hindu concept of Karma, but now has a completely different meaning. X is also the name of an antagonist who was designed under the concept of a "huge, overpowering monster that could use weapons and intelligently track you anywhere“ID X.
5• The word X comes from the Hebrew word meaning “Twisted” or “coiled”.• When the Jewish Midrash were being composed, it was held that God originally produced a male and a female X, but lest in multiplying the species should destroy the world, he slew the female, reserving her flesh for the banquet that will be given to the righteous on the advent of the Messiah.• X is also the name of a steampunk novel written by Scott Westerfeld and illustrated by Keith Thompson. It was released on October 6, 2009.• ID X.
6• On a 2003 broadcast of The Oprah Winfrey Show, Winfrey asked what kind of cosmetic surgery X had undergone. X stated that she felt that cosmetic surgery was imperative in keeping with her famous image, but jokingly admitted, "If I have one more facelift, Ill have a beard!" X has repeatedly joked about her physical image and surgeries, saying, "If I see something sagging, bagging, and dragging, Im going to nip it, suck it and tuck it. Why should I look like an old barn yard dog if I dont have to?" and "It takes a lot of money to look this cheap."• Identify X.
8• The song was covered by Czech singer František Ringo Čech under the title Zelená je tráva, and has become a popular football anthem in former Czechoslovakia.• An adapted version is the official fight song of the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League. This should not be confused with the Pink Floyd.• The song is translated to Finnish by Vexi Salmi and used prior to kick-off in all the home fixtures of Helsinki based Helsingin Jalkapalloklubi. It was recorded in 1973 by the first squad of the team. The title in Finnish is HOO-JII-KOO, but is better known as Taas kansa täyttää, as the first verse begins with these words. Direct translation to English would be Again Terraces Are Filled.• In 1979 the song was used as the basis for a campaign record used by the successful Conservative campaign in the UK General Election of that year. The words were changed to:• “______________________;“ "Maggie is her name;“ “………………………………………… chorus.... "Margaret Thatcher is her name!“• Which song?
9• The X stadium has hosted three Super Bowl games: Super Bowl XXII in 1988, 1998, andI in 2003. It has also hosted the1978 and 1992 Major League Baseball All-Star Games, the 1984 and 1998 National League Championship Series, and the 1984 and 1998 World Series. It is the only stadium ever to host both the Super Bowl and the World Series in the same year (1998). It is one of three stadiums to host the World Series, MLB All-Star Game, and Super Bowl. It was earlier called the Jack Murphy or the San Diego Stadium. In Dec 2011 and January 2012, the company X decided to temporarily change the name of the stadium to Y which was one of it’s upcoming and major products. The San Diego mayor’s office deemed the name change to be illegal but the advertisement had been done by that time.• Id the company X and their product Y.
10• X is a chemical base used in making colorful dyes, It was discovered in 1841 by German chemist Carl Julius Fritzsche. It derives its name from Portuguese for "the indigo shrub," from Arabic for "the indigo," assimilated from Persian, ultimately from Sanskrit for "dark blue."
11When watching a group of village children fighting with dogs over scraps of food, X became upset and told his students, "No one within ten miles of a temple should go hungry... I want you to immediately begin serving food.“ ID X and what started as a result of this?
11 (A)X - Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupadaa (Swami Prabhupadaa will fetch you points)Hare Krishna Food for Life
12In Japanese, X means “Iron fist”. The main story revolves around a tournament hosted by the Mishima Zaibatsu Corporation. The prize is control of the company, which then allows the winner to host the next tournament.The X Museum was opened in Osaka, Japan in May ‘12. The museum showcases goods, artworks, life-size statues and various merchandise. The items on display will be rotated regularly so that the museum is worth multiple visits.ID X
13 13X is a legendary ghost or spirit conjured to reveal the future. She is said to appear in a mirror when her name is called multiple times. The apparition may be benign or malevolent, depending on historic variations of the legend.ID X.
14The Goa Carnival, a non-stop 3 day festival of color and music, is an integral part of the Portuguese heritage of the state. It was introduced by the erstwhile rulers as a rowdy celebration in which flour, eggs, oranges, mud, sand-filled gloves along with dirty water, various liquids and glue were aimed at passersby.As a tradition, a King of Chaos, called X, is elected to preside over the whole festival.Y, who held the title of X in 1974, later went on become the Chief Minister of the state, and is currently the South Goa MP in Lok Sabha.
16• The song was yanked from the airwaves after the shooting of 20 children and six staff members at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut in December, 2012.• Mark ______ agreed with the decision to pull the track out of respect for the victims adding that he wrote the song about the growing trend of mental illness among teenagers in a bid to create a conversation about the need for change.• He said in a statement to CNN.com, "I wrote X when I began to read about the growing trend in teenage mental illness. I wanted to understand the psychology behind it because it was foreign to me. It was terrifying how mental illness among youth had skyrocketed in the last decade. I was scared to see where the pattern was headed if we didnt start changing the way we were bringing up the next generation... This song was written as a way to create ongoing dialogue for an issue that was being talked about, but when it came to government intervention, was largely being ignored... “
17O’Reilly Media Published a book called, ProgrammingX, featuring a picture of a dromedary camel on the cover andis commonly called the "Camel Book“. This image of a camelhas become an unofficial symbol of X as well as ageneral hacker emblem, appearing on T-shirts and otherclothing items.The X foundation however owns an alternative symbol, anonion, which it licenses to its subsidiaries, XMongers, XMonks, X.org, and others.ID X
18• X had originally planned to study business administration at Boston University in 1996.However, upon his arrival in the United States, he lost interest in his studies, spending his remaining tuition funds on musical instruments and entertainment equipment, including a computer, an electric keyboard, and a MIDI interface.• After attending an English-language summer course and studying for one semester, X dropped out of Boston University and applied to study at Berkley College of Music instead. During his time at Berkley, X took core curriculum lessons in ear training, contemporary writing and music synthesis, but he soon dropped out.• In 2001, X was arrested for the possession of marijuana and as a result, was unable to attend his grandfathers funeral.• Why do we know X?
19• The word X means dear, loving and gracious in Slavic; in Ancient Roman, eager and laborious; and in Sanskrit, unification.• The word Y, a derivative of the word X, refers to a type of biscuit. A Y consists of a thin layer of rich chocolate sandwiched between two biscuit cookies.• The word X was in the news recently.• Id X and Y.
* 21• Who be X?• Since 2003, Save the Rhino has held an annual X Memorial Lecture to raise money for environmental campaigns. The lectures in the series are:• 2003 Richard Dawkins – Queerer than we can suppose: the strangeness of science• 2004 Robert Swan – Mission Antarctica• 2005 Mark Carwardine – Last Chance to See... Just a bit more• 2006 Robert Winston – Is the Human an Endangered Species?• 2007 Richard Leakey – Wildlife Management in East Africa – Is there a future?• 2008 Steven Pinker – The Stuff of Thought, Language as a Window into Human Nature• 2009 Benedict Allen – Unbreakable• 2010 Marcus du Sautoy – __: ___ ______ __ ____ ___ ________ and prime numbers• 2011 Brian Cox – The Universe and Why We Should Explore It• 2013 Adam Rutherford – Creation: the origin and the future of life
* 22 (A)• Cruel and Unusual Films, by Zack Snyder, his wife Deborah Snyder, and their producing partner Wesley Coller.Producing Man of Steel and300: Rise of an Empire in 2013
* 23• The term is derived from the Latin word meaning "to distinguish" or "to set apart," with the eventual connotation of something private or confidential. An X was a person, therefore, overseeing business confidentially, usually for a powerful individual (a king, pope, etc.).• ID X.
* 2 24• In geometry, a ______ curve is a curve defined in the Cartesian plane by an equation of the form• _____ curves were studied heavily by Gabriel Cramer. The name comes from the shape its central lemniscate takes when graphed.• It seems that the ______ in the name of the curve is from a juggling game called X, which involves two sticks, a string, and a spinning prop in the likeness of the form of this curve. The confusion is the result of the Italian word X meaning ______.• Give X or the blank.• <image on next slide>
* 25Xs father married outside his caste. It was a love marriage that took along time for people to accept those days. His father was also a veryprogressive person and decided his children would not carry thesurname.Xs father gave them a middle name to assert his patriotism, butcouldnt change his own surname; and X saw no reason to discard it.Therefore, X brought his surname back.Identify X.