2. Contents3 – Resume4-14 Samples of Work15 – Contact Information
3. Natalie A. Sheehan 706 Elmcroft Blvd • Rockville, MD • email@example.com • (814) 659‐8306 Professional Experience Susan O’ Neill & Associates – June 2011 – Present Lead Associate: •Create proposals specific for new clients to plan and develop fundraising goals and special events with the express purpose of achieving results that are significant in size and scope to each client. • Create fundraising contact lists specifically for each client •Work with multiple clients daily and ensure that schedules and plans are accurate and are being appropriately executed. Clients include national and international foundations, military service foundations, social service organizations and political fund development. •Manage and assist staff with client relationships and office procedures, such as assigning different projects to the staff and ensuring they are completed correctly and on‐time Primary Gains ‐ Have developed skills in the following areas: Customer Relations, Fundraising Contacts, Budgeting, Theme Development, Non‐Profit Branding, Communication skills demonstrated by working with a variety of clients with a diverse backgrounds, web designs and social media productions, Production, Scheduling, Planning and Executing events that have over 1000 attendees, and developing talking points for keynote speakers, including the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Penn State Athletic Department February 2009‐ April 2011 •Work with the internet production crew of sport events for Division I NCAA programs. Recorded and developed promotion clips for various media forms. Attended various men’s and women’s athletic competitions, filmed, directed and produced the broadcasts that were shown online and the Big Ten Network. •took the footage I shot and edited into highlight reels Primary gain: learned how to plan and execute successful sports production of Division I sporting events while working in a high‐pressured environment. Dublin Country Mix Radio Station Summer 2010 •Completed a study abroad/internship through Penn State University in Dublin, Ireland working at Country Mix 106.8. Performed duties including editing of commercials using Adobe software and developing promotions for on‐air use. •Recorded commercials that were played on‐air and conducted interviews for use by the radio station. Primary gain: often worked independently where I initiated different projects which led to making and editing my own commercials and followed up with advertisers after completion. Skills Proficient in the following computer programs Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, and Adobe. Strong, positive communicator with exceptional interpersonal and relationship‐building skills . Adaptable team player who effectively prioritizes and juggles multiple concurrent projects while maintaining an impeccable attention to detail. Work well with others to see a project or task completed. Education Pennsylvania State University – State College , PA 2011 Earned a BA Degree in Journalism •Member of the Blue and White Alumni Society – Head of Public Relations Committee •Member of the College of Communications Student Council •Participated in THON, the largest student philanthropy in the world
4. This is a write up I did for our website after our Coast Guard Foundation last June where we honored the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Martin Dempsey, USA. The 8th Annual Tribute to the U.S. Coast Guard Susan O’Neill & Associates was chosen by the Coast Guard Foundation to produce the 8th Annual Salute to the Coast Guard in our Nation’s Capitol on June 12th at the National Building Museum. This night to remember included special remarks by Coast Guard Commandant, Admiral Robert Papp and featured General Martin Dempsey, USA, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as the keynote speaker.General Dempsey emphasized the importance of the Coast Guard. “On an average day, the United States Coast Guard deploys worldwide and patrols about 95,000 miles of coast line; saves 12 lives a day and an average of 76 Search and Rescue calls; seizes approximately 800 pounds of cocaine, services 116 buoys; screens 720 vessels and 183,000 passengers. Probes 13 marine incidents; and inspects 68 containers on an average day.” General Dempsey concluded his remarks with a musical tribute to the Coast Guard serenading the audience with his version of Frank Sinatra’s “My Kind of Town (Coast Guard Is) General Dempsey singing “My Kind of Town” http://www.oneillevent.com/photographs‐highlights/the‐coast‐guard‐foundation/the‐8th‐annual‐tribute‐to‐the‐u‐s‐coast‐guard/ I taught myself how to use WordPress, which updates our website, and I have now updated our entire client list, updated each event section and have put a section for our upcoming events.
5. This is an in nvite I created for r our Tracy’s Kids R Red Carpet Event coming up in Febbruary. Each spon nsor level is entitleed to different levels of v visibility and I work w with each corpora ation to ensure the ey are happy with h their visibility.
7. thThis is a prog gram I compiled fo or the American Ir reland Fund 20 N National Gala last year. I contacted d each name on th his program and confirmed wi ith Ethics if they a are allowed to be on the invitation and how they are e allowed to be lissted.
8. This is inform mation that I work ked about The American Ireland Fun nd that was in the same program. I worked with the American Ireland Fund e e don making su ure all the details a and facts were co orrect.
9. This is the list of corporate spo onsors that contributed to the Ame erican Ireland Fund Gala. I work wit h a representative from each company d t v pon how they would like to be l listed in the progr ram.
10. This is a letter I sent and e‐mailed to companies who have supported this charity before. I mention their company headquarters location and how many children have been helped by the Inn from their state. I also sent this letter to Ms. Cokie Roberts and got her approval to use her name. After I e‐mail this letter, I call them to make sure they received the letter and if they have any questions. Then about a week after, I send a follow up e‐mail thanking them for their past support and hope we can count on them again. May 16, 2012Ms. Carol MeltonTime Warner Company 800 Connecticut Ave., NW # 1200 Washington, DC 20006 Dear Carol: On behalf of the Board and our Dinner Chairs, thank you for all that you have done for The Children’s Inn at NIH at our past Gala Dinners. Since Time Warner is headquartered in New York City, we wanted you to know that since the opening of The Inn more than 700 patients from New York have participated in leading edge research studies at the National Institutes of Health while staying at The Inn. The other states where you have major operations have had hundreds of residents who have made The Inn their home while undergoing treatment programs at the NIH. Our theme, From Every State for Every Child emphasizes the national importance of The Inn to children and their families it serves and to every family who has faced or may face a child with a life‐threatening illness. Since opening in 1990, more than 10,000 seriously ill children and their families have traveled from all 50 U.S. states and 84 countries to stay at The Childrens Inn ‐ "A place like home" that keeps families together during their childrens treatments at the NIH, reduces stress, and facilitates healing through the mutual support of other families facing similar situations. Like last year, we will use the proceeds from the dinner to rebuild two kitchens at The Inn. The kitchen is the heart of every home – the same is true in the kitchens at The Inn. Over 14,500 meals are prepared by the families in these kitchens on an annual basis, ranging from a quick breakfast to a full family dinner during the holidays. Updating the two kitchens and dining areas will allow The Inn to provide a more open floor plan, ultimately fostering a sense of collective experience where concerns, fears and hopes may be shared. I am writing to ask for your support for this year’s Gala and hope you will join our honored guests, Dr. Roy Vagelos and Dr. Anthony Fauci. The th th,24 Annual Childrens Inn Congressional Gala Dinner will take place on September 19 at the Liaison Hotel in Washington, DC. The Rooftop Reception will begin at 6:00 PM followed by Dinner at 7:00 PM which will feature remarks by our honored guests. Debbie Dingell and Abby Blunt are in the process of establishing a Congressional Committee who will support this effort and attend the Dinner. With their active participation we expect that many Members of Congress will join us at the Dinner, as well as administration officials, NIH directors and prominent business leaders. Enclosed is a fact sheet that includes the details for the event and levels of participation. Thank you for your consideration of this request, and thwe look forward to seeing you on September 19 . If you need any additional information about The Inn or the 2012 Dinner, please contact Susan ONeill & Associates at 301‐229‐0124 or via e‐mail at ChildrensInn@ONeillEvent.com Sincerely, Cokie Roberts Board Member The Children’s Inn at NIH
11. This is an example of a fundraising e‐mail. I send this to companies who have never given to the Children’s Inn at NIH. This gives them a small background on what the cause is and I enclose a sponsorship level sheet with the different levels of sponsorship opportunity. Please join our Honorary and Congressional Committees at The Children’s Inn at NIH 23rd Annual Gala on October th 12 at Union Station in Washington, DC. Led by Congressional spouses who serve on our Board, the Gala will feature senior Administration officials and leaders of Congress. Since opening in 1990, more than 10,000 seriously ill children and their families have traveled from all 50 U.S. states and 82 countries to stay at The Childrens Inn ‐ "A place like home" that keeps families together during their childrens treatments at the NIH, reduces stress, and facilitates healing through the mutual support of other families facing similar situations. This year, The Inn is embarking on a $1.5 million Kitchen and Dining Room Renovation Initiative. The kitchen is the heart of every home – the same is true in the kitchens at The Inn. Over 14,500 meals are prepared by the families in these kitchens on an annual basis, ranging from a quick breakfast to a full family dinner during the holidays. Updating the two kitchens and dining areas will allow The Inn to provide a more open floor plan, simultaneously creating greater dining flexibility for the families and increasing the safety of the residents, ultimately fostering a sense of collective experience where concerns, fears and hopes may be shared. Enclosed is a fact sheet that includes levels of participation. Thank you for your consideration of this request, and we look forward to seeing you on October 12th. If you need any additional information about the 2011 Gala, please contact Susan ONeill & Associates at 301‐229‐0124 or via e‐mail at ChildrensInn@ONeillEvent.com; for more information about The Inn visit www.childrensinn.org or check out this video http://www.youtube.com/user/thechildrensinnnih?feature=mhee.
12. Facebook My company is very small, there are 5 people total. My boss has been running this company since the 1984. She didn’t have any type of social media promotion except her website which was outdated. When I started in June, 2011, I quickly taught myself how to update the website and brought everything up to date. I know the fundamentals of social media and enjoy working and promoting through that media. We do several younger events and having this tool is very helpful. I have created a Facebook and Twitter for our company and have live tweeted during events. I really enjoy this aspect of marketing and hope to grow and really finesse my skills with social media. Here is a link to our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Susan‐ONeill‐Associates/102724093215969?ref=hl This is a post I made for a Happy Hour Promotion event for our upcoming So Others Might Eat Jr. Gala If you are looking to stay out of the cold tonight, join us at the City Club of Washington for the SOME Jr.Gala Kickoff tonight! The happy hour begins at 6 pm and there is a $15 entrance fee which includes acomplimentary drink and hors douerves. There will be live music and Wine Grab Bag with your chance towin a $1,000 bottle of wine! All proceeds go to SOME! Hope to see you there!I posted this after Hurricane Sandy, one of our clients, The American Ireland Fund has their corporate office in New York and I posted this on our site to promote their work to help others. The past few days have been particularly hard on the East Coast due to Hurricane Sandy. The AmericanIreland Fund is assisting The New York Irish Centre in Long Island, The Emerald Isle Irish Centre inQueens and The Aisling Irish Centre in the Bronx & Queens. These groups care for the elder members inthe Irish community. These areas were hit particularly hard by Hurricane Sandy and The American IrelandFund is proud to support their efforts. In addition, The Fund will be able to make a grant to assist thecommunity of Breezy Point in Queens. Our thoughts are with all of those affected at this difficult time.http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Breezy-Point-residents-survey-Hurricane-Sandy-damage-and-broken-dreams-176748171.htmlWe do a free event at the Irish Embassy for our members of the American Ireland Fund. Here is a Facebook post about the event:Its the Final Countdown!! Only 5 more days left to the The American Ireland Fund Young Leaders -Washington D.C. masked Halloween Event at the Irish Embassy! It is a member only event, but there isstill time to become a member and take advantage of all that the Young Leaders have to offer! There willbe a Best Mask contest, and other fun prizes. So bring your best mask and get ready for a night of fun!E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!!http://www.irlfunds.org/evite/dc_11_12.h
13. Twitter: SONAssociatesWe have an upcoming Jr. Gala for a client and it sells out every year and has been named one of the top 10 young events in DC. Here is a tweet for the event: Tickets are going fast for the SOME Jr. Gala! Live Band, open bar, and great auction prizes! Get your ticketshere! https://secure2.convio.net/soome/site/Donation2?df_id=2020&2020.donation=form1&JServSessionIdr004=k6rnj0u1z4.app243a thOur Tracy’s Kids event was originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 12 , however due to the State of the Union and the large number of Congressional and Senate Members that attend this event, we had to change the date. Here is a tweet:There is a new date for our Tracys Kids Red Carpet Event! Its now on Wed. Feb. 13th, same place,same great event!pic.twitter.com/qTZvyp82 I was live tweeting and updating Facebook during our event in November: Unexpected Boys!! Frankie Vallie and 4 seasons cover!http://twitpic.com/bhxcub Here is a tease before the event started: Almost time for the 26th annual SOME gala!! Looking great! http://twitpic.com/bhtqu5 And as the event started: Show time! http://twitpic.com/bhwfkm
14. Contact Information Natalie Sheehan Nsheehan8824@gmail.com (c ) 814-659-8306 Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.