1. 2nd screen, what? Linguaggi e tecniche dei media digitali Università per Stranieri di Perugia Giovanni Caruso email@example.com
2. AFFITTASI...NO CANINO GATTINO DAMS
7. Performer at BlipFestival 2007, NYC(USA)stage name: nrgigahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9yOeMaB4vU...2007...
9. Social TV is...Social television is a general term fortechnology that supports communicationand social interaction in either the contextof watching television, or related to TVcontent.It also includes the study of television-related social behavior, devices andnetworks.Social television systems can for exampleintegrate voice communication, text chat,presence and context awareness, TVrecommendations, ratings, or video-conferencing with the TV content eitherdirectly on the screen or by using ancillarydevices.
10. The Theory
14. 15% are on their 60% browse the mobile web, 70% of respondents phones for programs’ of which 44% search for multitask at least once a entire durations. unrelated content and 38% week; 49% do so daily. search for related content. 94% of reported multitaskers engage in some38% of respondents form of mobile communicationsay browsing the web while watching TV, such asenhances their TV exchanging email, sendingviewing experience, IMs, texting, talking or socialwhile another 38% say it networking.makes them moredistracted. Mobile trafﬁc spikes during halftime shows of sporting events; Yahoo Sports saw a 305% increase during the last Super Bowl halftime show.Survey by Yahoo Mobile and Razorﬁsh polled 2,000 U.S. adults on their mobile habitsand device preferences, to help marketers better understand consumer behavior.
17. PHASE 1 – PRE-SHOW: The buzz starts building about what Rachel will do on the next episode of Glee. The Social Interaction Curve in Phase 1 reﬂects the buzz activity: it starts low on the Content will increasingly be created with socialvertical (BUZZ) and horizontal (TIME) axes and reaches its highest point at the end of Phase 1, interaction in mind, so in the future; social engagement just as the show is about to start. will drive TV content rather than TV content driving social interactions. The audience will be able to change thePHASE 2 – DURING THE SHOW: The Social Interaction Curve during Phase 2 (as the show is on storyline, or even create the storyline, by engagingthe air) goes through peaks and valleys, following real-time happenings. For example, during a around show content in real-time. We already have football game buzz will peak during time-outs, especially right after a quarterback fumbles a audiences voting online for some game shows, and ball and then drop as the action starts again and people concentrate on the game. affecting the outcome of the show. PHASE 3 – POST-SHOW: Buzz is still high after the show is off the air: “Can you believe that sick home-run by Alex Rodriguez?” and then tapers off with time.
19. Ecosystems at War Social TV Social Players Networks Broadcasters
20. What a mess!
21. Watch the ofﬁcialIntoNow promohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmEiE4qcV3k
22. Watch the ofﬁcialZeebox at work:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdxoCDNx2nQ
23. Watch Deb Roy (CEOBlueﬁn Labs) atTED:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE4ce4mexrU
25. Let’s talk!
26. The best ofTwitter on TVhttp://youtu.be/1cfzSYYj8qk
27. 12.4 mln viwers>10 mln tweets98% @ from TwitterBeyonce: 8868 tps+128000 followers
28. 111.3 mln viewers10.000 people per second12.233 tps (2011: 4064 tps)
29. We’re working with Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, GetGlue, Tumblr, Google+ and Miso as well as building out immersive experiences on HBO digital properties such as HBOConnect, HBO.com and HBO GO.HBO Connect is an integral part of our social TV strategy for Game of Thrones this year.  Leading up to the premiere, we encouraged fans to describe Game of Thrones in 140characters or less and visualized it on HBO Connect and GOT140.com. We then featured the best tweets in a series of commercials that ran both on HBO and online.In conjunction with an all-day Season 1 marathon on April 1st, we hosted a full day of conversations with the Cast, Crew and Super Fans of Game of Thrones at HBO Connect.  This was designed to create awareness for the last catch-up stunt while driving consistent conversation on the social platforms leading into the premiere at 9pm. We’re lining upmore ofﬁcial Conversations for later in the season as well.-Miso Promotion-We launched the ﬁrst ofﬁcial HBO Tumblr for Game of Thrones.  It’s designed to celebrate the amazing wealth of fan generated art in homage to the series.We focused our premiere day activities around a single hashtag that we used across platforms to rally the fan community: #GOTDayWe’re extremely happy with the results.  Game of Thrones premiered at 9pm to a series high of 3.9MM viewers a 74% improvement when compared to last season’s premiere,53% in comparison to the season average and 27% when compared to last season’s ﬁnale.  We had so many GetGlue check-ins on premiere night we crashed GetGlue. According
30. HBO - Game ofThrones Season 2 in140 characters (socialcampaign):http://youtu.be/93-dQlGdg1w
31. 300.000 followers > 2.380.000 likesText 1.000.000 people
32. Pls, visit: http://connect.hbo.com
33. The Talking Dead
34. In Italia?
35. SKY Uno - Xtra FactorTweet in diretta emoderazione...:http://youtu.be/dqse-OG1JRw
37. What’s next? - pt.2Chloe Sladden, Twitter’s director of media partnerships, once said, “Twitter letspeople feel plugged in to a real-time conversation. In the future, I can’t imagine amajor event where the audience doesn’t become part of the story itself.”Anthony Rose, CTO of Zeebox “There will be any second or ﬁrst screen”.Brian Solis, principal at Altimeter Group: “...networks, advertisers, and producers,must think beyond technology and rethink experiences. By not focusing on theexperience or deﬁning the nature of relationships, we fall to mediumalism acondition where we place inordinate weight on the technology of any mediumrather than amplifying platform strengths to deliver desired experiences, activity,and outcomes”.