You want to show the most current version of your brand to your audience so they have a sense of who you are and what you do.
Jason Parker from WABE changed their Facebook url from wabenews90.1 to justwabe. He says “That has been nothing but good for us, expanding the reach of the Facebook page has been huge in engaging audience.Fans have grown about 30% since the change was made, and all the engagement stats are moving up rapidly.”
If you haven’t already done this, get on LinkedIn and grab your name and your company name. Edit the URL on your profile so it reads with your actual name.If you leave what LinkedIn automatically does for you there will be lots of extra numbers and characters which confuse people.
When you reach out to people, modify the generic invitation text and tell the person why you are reaching out.
Identify influencers in your industry. ‘Like’, follow, and share their content whenever it’s relevant to your brand or message, and interact with them whenever possible.
6. optimize station facebook profile • vanity URL • cover photo • about section • milestones
7. searching for your station
8. WABE saw 30% increase with URL change
9. claim your vanity URLGo to www.facebook.com/username
10. cover photo – call to action
11. cover photo – specific initiative
12. cover photo – user generated
13. cover photo – user generated cont.
14. cover photo for your fans
15. about section
16. about MPR
17. create milestones
18. facebook demographics Gender Age 0-24 Male 25-34 Female 35-44 (45+) Education Income < High School 0-25K High 25K -50K School 50K-100K Some 100K+ College
19. identify key influencers• active followers• news partners and community organizations• local personalities and public figures• station personalities and shows with pages
20. when should you engage on facebook • publish at least once a day, optimally 3-5 times a day • three biggest usage spikes occur weekdays at 11:00 AM, 3:00 PM and 8:00 PM EDT • wednesday at 3:00 PM EDT is biggest
21. what is the most engaging on facebook• photos & videos• local, quirky and relatable• questions• exclusive
22. facebook contests
23. measuring effectiveness on facebook• Volume• Reach• Engagement• Influence• Virality
24. facebook insights
25. optimize twitter profile • name • image • bio
26. what’s in a name on twitter?
27. a picture is worth 140 characters
28. bio: searchable and explanatory
29. twitter demographics Gender Age 0-24 Male 25-34 Female 35-44 45+ Education Income < High School 0-25K High 25-50K School 50-100K Some 100K+ College
30. identify key influencers• active re-tweeters• news partners and community organizations• local personalities and public figures• station personalities and shows who tweet
31. when should you engage on twitter?publish at least 3-5 times a daypost early in the afternoon Monday – Thursdaythe half-life of a tweet is about 2.8 hoursdon’t overlook weekends
32. what is most engaging on twitter?• write headlines that get attention• put the link in the middle• have a personality and be of the moment
33. measuring effectiveness on twitter
34. tweet reach #pubtraining
35. Optimize linked In profile • name • profile • basics+
36. claim your name
37. complete your profile
38. give it some thought
39. go beyond the template
40. linkedIn demographics Gender Age 0-24 Male 25-34 Female 35-44 45+ Education Income < High School 0-25K High 25-50K School 50-100K Some 100K+ College
41. identify key influencers• participate in groups to identify active users• follow thought leaders in your field• use tools such as inmaps
42. when should you engage?• interact at least once a week• ask questions of your community• participate in existing conversations
43. your network
44. what is the most engaging on LinkedIn• searchable and informative descriptions• join or create group(s)• use tools
45. measuring effectiveness on LinkedIn
47. peer index
48. Facebook Group [private] NPR Member Station MarketersLinkedIn Group [private] NPR Member Station Marketers