2. “The waste of life occasioned by trying to do
too many things at once is appalling.”
- Orison Swett Marden
4. Health is the thing that makes you feel that
now is the best time of the year.
Franklin P. Adams
5. To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately,
cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life. William Londen
7. Lost wealth may be
replaced by industry, lost knowledge by study, lost health by
temperance or medicine, but lost time is gone forever. Samuel Smiles
8. The bad news is time flies.
The good news is you’re the pilot.
10. Warren Buffet
Rule 1: Never lose money.
Rule 2: Never forget rule 1.
11. A penny saved is a dollar earned.
13. We cannot always build the future for our youth,
but we can build our youth for the future. Franklin D. Roosevelt
14. You are only young once,
and if you work it right, once is enough.
Joe E. Lewis
16. Books are the carriers of civilization.
history is silent,
thought and speculation at a standstill. Barbara Tuchman
17. “A well-composed book is a magic carpet on which we are wafted
to a world that we cannot enter in any other way.”
19. This could but have happened once,
And we missed it, lost it forever.
20. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is
dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
22. Personal beauty is a better introduction than any letter.
23. Like anyone else,
there are days I feel beautiful
and days I don't,
and when I don't,
I do something about it.
25. A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together.
It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
26. My advice to you is get married:
if you find a good wife you'll be happy;
if not, you'll become a philosopher.
George Bernard Shaw
28. The world is a book
and those who do not travel read only one page.
29. No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes
home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
31. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have
already mastered, you will never grow. Ronald E. Osborn
32. God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to
teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way.
The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to
find the meanings underlying them. Stanley Lindquist