2. Introduction What is GBS? What “social” challenges does GBS face? Why is a transformation to a social business important?
3. What is GBS? Group Business Software (GBS) is a global software and service company. Premier IBM Business Partner, specialization lies in cloud technology. Headquarters in NYC and Frankfurt. Mission: “Reduce corporate IT spending by enabling any Lotus application internally or externally in a self-service fashion by 2014.”
4. What “social” challenges doesGBS face? No social media strategy. Only a handful of employees are involved in social business practices. Don’t use social media to its fullest capability. Unsure what type of content to post externally.
5. Why is a transformation to asocial business important? Increase business results while cutting costs. Efficiently share information and collaborate on projects. Remove time zone barriers.
6. General How does GBS currently use social business tools? Which environments does GBS currently use in its social business initiatives? What are the top 5 business pressures facing GBS that are driving a desire to adopt social business technologies? How would you categorize the use of social business at GBS? What department(s) at GBS are focused on social business initiatives? What are the strategic actions GBS is taking, or planning to take, to address the business pressures they identified? What organizational capabilities does GBS have? How do social media tools help GBS to become more nimble when reacting to their market? How does GBS use social media tools to become more transparent with their partners, suppliers and/or customers?
7. How does GBS currently usesocial business tools? Information repository Project management External interaction Public and private blogs
8. Which environments doesGBS currently use in its socialbusiness initiatives? Internal – getting employees involved External – engaging customers
9. Top 5 Business Pressures1. Achieve better business results2. Leverage sharing and collaboration3. Communicate across different time zones4. Remain innovative5. Stay competitive
10. How would you categorize theuse of social business atGBS? Medium level No solid strategy Fire hose approach Not enough engagement
11. What departments at GBSare focused on socialbusiness initiatives? Marketing Product development
12. How does GBS plan toaddress the businesspressures they identified? Sametime Instant Messenger IBM Connections IBM Quickr BleedYellow GroupLive cloud computer Lanyrd social conference directory
13. What organizationalcapabilities does GBS have? Portals/groups for different company areas Employee profiles Form teams to solve business problems
14. How do social media toolshelp GBS to become morenimble when reacting to theirmarket? Synchronize all to post same message to three main channels Get feedback immediately
15. How does GBS use socialmedia tools to become moretransparent? BleedYellow Internal and external knowledge sharing Blogs Defines GBS as a leading technology company Facebook Photo App Adds a personal connection
16. Social Media Marketing On which social channels/platforms does GBS currently have corporate profiles? How active is GBS in the bloggershere and what topics are GBS bloggers engaged in?
17. On which socialchannels/platforms does GBScurrently have corporateprofiles? Facebook Promote events Product updates YouTube Webinars Product demos Promotional videos Twitter Promote products and services Foursquare Reward employees and customers
18. How active is GBS in thebloggershere and what topicsare GBS bloggers engagedin? Twelve internal and external active bloggers External Topics Lotus Connections Events, products and services Press releases/newsletters Internal Topics Processes Collaboration efforts New product information
19. Internal Collaboration What encourages GBS employees to use social business tools? Which technology enablers does GBS currently use, and how? What steps does GBS take for to bringing a response team together for a key business threat?
20. What encourages GBSemployees to use socialbusiness tools?
21. Which technology enablersdoes GBS currently use, andhow? Internal IBM Lotus Connections Share ideas Ask questions Locate and store information IBM Quickr Project management External BleedYellow Engage with customers, prospects and experts
22. What steps does GBS takefor to bringing a responseteam together for a keybusiness threat?
23. Social Customer RelationshipManagement At what point in the customer on-boarding phase (and how) does GBS leverage a social business strategy? Does GBS have online communities to obtain feedback from prospects and customers? If yes, how?
24. At what point in the customeron-boarding phase (and how)does GBS leverage a socialbusiness strategy? Leverages a business strategy immediately. Accomplished through BleedYellow. Allows customers to post personal profiles, write blogs, share bookmarks and create communities.
25. Does GBS have onlinecommunities to obtainfeedback from prospects andcustomers? If yes, how? External YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and blog pages. Each have commenting features for feedback.
26. Social Analytics How often is the GBS brand mentioned in social media? What is the Klout score of @GBSKnows? If and how does GBS measure ROI or business metrics impacted by social business software?
27. How often is the GBS brandmentioned in social media? GBS is mentioned in social media on a weekly basis.
28. What is the Klout score of@GBSKnows? GBSs Klout score is 38. Their top three influential topics are: Video Domino YouTube
29. If and how does GBSmeasure ROI or businessmetrics impacted by socialbusiness software? No standardized process for measuring ROI or business metrics. Extremely inconsistent.