1. Developers Day Moscow May 19, 2011 Ersin Ergezer NokiaStrategy 2011
2. A growingbutintenselycompetitivemarketThe contest has changedfrom a device-by-devicebattle into a war ofecosystems.And Smartphones havebecome the pivotal piecein value growth.
3. A product is morethan just a greatdevice It includes great hardware, Mobile great software, useful devices Unified applications – an ecosystem. comm. Store And the ecosystem must be: Location Ecosystem of • Comprehensive, covering a Advertising wide range of utilities and developers + OEMs + Contents players services that consumers + Operators expect today and anticipate Social in the future. Entertainmen t • Differentiating, allowing Nokia to provide clear value Commerce Search to consumers and to customers.
4. Winning leadership in the smartphoneecosystem built marketjointly withMicrosoftThis is good for consumers• Together with Microsoft, we can deliver more choice: stellar hardware, innovative software and unique servicesThis is good for developers• Microsoft’s tools make it easy for developers to build applications.• Our monetization services, Nokia store and operator billing make it easy for developers to make money.• Windows developers would gain exposure to broader mobility opportunities.
5. Symbian: Keeping leadership in the smartphone marketthe World EngagedSymbian is leading platform in many markets andin Russia150M more Symbian devices, includingpreviously unseen devices, to be shippedA huge addressable market for Windows Phone
6. SymbianA Renewed User Experience New themes and icons Living Home screen with Ovi single sign on Sleek fresh look for Ovi Maps, including new social media features See your message conversation, webpage, maps, contacts or email while writing Portrait QWERTY keypad Faster browser6
7. Web for the next Maintain volume and value leadership in mobile phonesbillionA renewed approach to go beyond affordablevoice/sms to bringing access to the web and apps tonew price points• Continue renewal of S40 platform.• Invest in assets that will bring a modern mobile experience to the traditional mobile phone consumer
8. Investment in Sustain our future as thefuture disruptions leading Mobile Products CompanyMeeGo becomes an open-source, mobile operatingsystem project. MeeGo will place increased emphasison longer-term market exploration of next-generationdevices, platforms and user experiences.Nokia still plans to ship a MeeGo-related product laterthis year.