7 Theydon Grove
Tel: Mobile 07554 122264
Born London (England)
Organised reliable and commercially aware (with a bias toward technical sales and marketing)
network and systems analyst with in-depth experience in the management and the development
of both corporate (private) and public networks, (voice and data) including large financial
Institutions, I.S.P.s and large multi-national telecommunications carriers.
CISCO C.C.I.E R&S (written) C.C.N.P. Cisco Credential Verification Services (URL:
Authorization Code: PDLSNKNI ) C.C.N.A. C.C.DA.
Prince2 Registered practitioner P2R/349666
CSTP (Penetration Testing) Certified Security Testing Professional,
CSTA (Penetration Testing) Certified Security Testing Associate,
NOVELL C.N.E 3 C.N.A 3 CNA4.
MICROSOFT M.C.S.E NT4 M.C.P. NT4
• Strong organisational, administrative and time management skills that help teams within
various businesses achieve their targets.
• Analysed, designed, developed tested and implemented different successful systems
including a “hosted” email platform solution for Colt Internet.
• Planned, analysed and implemented business network management systems for two
large Internet Service Providers across 3 data centres
• Analysed, planned and implemented complex in-house network support strategies to
cover 4 large data centres, for a medium sized I.S.P.
• Analysed and implemented a migration of a large financial institutions business
infrastructure to a data centre solution.
• Designed and implemented a satellite (Vsat) network migration for a large financial
• Implemented support and infrastructure moves and changes systems, for a satellite
network deployed across a large financial institutions business interests in Africa and the
• Implemented a Microsoft desktop and server rollout across a newly installed high cost,
high latency, and very low bandwidth satellite network.
• Implemented and supported a 10,000 I.P. phone roll-out on a high profile site in Canary
Wharf, which was also a migration from an analogue phone system across a number of
• Analysed, planned and implemented network designs for a variety of businesses under a
large financial institution’s umbrella. Providing cost-effective and secure networking and
system solutions, to businesses based in areas of the world with infrastructure
• Designed, and planned a Q.O.S. policy for a large financial institution to cover its
expanding influence across “emerging markets” and to provide a predictable network
performance across a low bandwidth network infrastructure.
• Detailed and in depth application bandwidth usage and profiling to determine an
applications profile per user at the busy hour with extrapolation to predict overall
network capacity usage, using wireshark, Fluke and satellite and network simulations,
leading to a 10 node roll-out of Peribit (Juniper WAN Accelerators), after successful pilot
with successful implementation.
• Analysed and implemented an I.T. security policy across a large financial institution’s
overseas business interests, implementing critical systems, complying with security
frameworks, prescribed by the organisation, and to comply with F.S.A. regulations.
• Adaptable to change in the work style and business environment as shown
by range of positions and environments, especially including many different
customers whose first language is not English.
Jan 2009-Present Day ProTekks Network/Systems Support
• Remote business support, via webconferencing and remote tools
• Installation and support of network management system, both remotely and on-site.
• Network support and analysis tools, sales, design, installation and support
• Router and Firewall Pix/ASA configuration (PCI DSS) and troubleshooting, including
broadband router support.
• Application deployment planning and profiling.
• Aphellion and Colubris wireless configuration, support, troubleshooting and management,
online web server mgt and on site inspections.
May 2008-Dec 2008 Research Machines Network/VOIP Specialist
• Development of IPT (VOIP) as a marketable product at Research machines, to enable the
company to add IPT to their portfolio of “infrastructure” offerings.
• IPT design and installation for the government’s “Building Schools For The Future”
project, including detailes technical proposals aimed at non technical buyers.
• Designed and implemented N.O.C. procedure for voice support and troubleshooting
• Large multi-site, migration and “green field”, planning, design, implementation, pre-sales
requirements gathering and customer consultations.
• Cisco Unified Call Manager 5/6, Mitel and Cisco Call Manger Express, IPFX, Unity and
June 2007-May 2008 Barclays Bank PLC Threats And Vulnerability (Network Security)
• Responsible for I.T. based security across all of Barclays Africa “emerging markets”
interests, in accordance with network customer demands and expectations, marketing
services internally to member countries and departments.
• Internal and external network security, data protection, penetration testing, operating
system integrity and business continuity
• ASA/Pix installation, configuration, management, troubleshooting, monitoring, VPNs
• Payment Card Industry (PCI) planning and compliance.
• Installation, maintenance and implementation of LANDesk and Symantec Antivirus V
• Assessment of the enterprise’s vulnerability in terms of known attack vectors.
• Provision of weekly and monthly management information on the business’s technical
• Provision of third line support from within the Barclays NOC at the IT centre Poole.
• Minimising the potential for “loss of reputation” and other risks.
• Service delivery and sales to businesses under Barclays umbrella but wholly owned by
June 2006-June 2007 Barclays Bank PLC Senior Communications Specialist
• Design, Installation and Support, for Wide Area satellite (Vsat) / terrestrial, and Local
Area networks across 14 countries in Barclays Emerging Markets.
• Design and implementation of an enterprise Quality Of Service schema that delivered a
predictable delay across a very high cost, high latency, low bandwidth Vsat network,
including complex application testing pre and post quality of service installation. Ongoing
support and maintenance based on VSAT and WAN traversal metrics.
• Design and implementation of I.P. based voice solutions, including Cisco Call Manager
and Cisco Unity (voicemail)
• Provision of third line support from within the Barclays NOC at the IT centre Poole.
• Installation of a traffic compression network, using Juniper (Peribit WXC 500 & 250s
compression devices), resulting in 30 to 40% increase in data throughput, without a
corresponding increase in bandwidth costs.
• Traffic and information security both logical and physical, including Cisco Secure, PIX
firewalls, Cyberguard firewalls and Lucent firewalls.
• Cisco ASA installation, configuration, management, moves and changes, OSPF, BGP Cisco
6500, 12000, cat 5000 and assorted technologies.
Nov 2005-June 2006 NTL/Telewest Senior Network Engineer
• Responsible to Network Data Planning director.
• Planning the NTL national rollout of a Voice Over Broadband Product
• National roll-out of “Allot Deep Packet inspectors” with a complex revenue and service
management back end, providing an effective network traffic management system
nationwide, and facilitating a control system for network investment.
• Investigate the network bandwidth, customer effects, latency, cost and support
implications of all projects on NTL’s (now Virgin Media’s), national network.
• Estimating and budgeting for projects, working alongside implementation teams to
ensure planning parameters, adjusting them to reflect the reality of the traffic profile and
Sept 2005-Nov 2005 Reuters, Canary Wharf, London Network And VOIP Engineer
• Installation of 10,000 phone VOIP network
• Planning, procurement of outside contractors and services
• Installation of Cisco 6500s, Pix firewalls.
• Installation of Cisco Voip gateways, configuration, troubleshooting of Cisco Call Manager,
Cisco Unity, Witness and a whiteboard and call centre solution.
• User support post implementation from the Reuters Network Operations Centre on a shift
• Planning and execution of a stepped migration from an analogue phone system to a
January 2005-Aug 2005 British Telecommunications (B.T. Exact) Network Designer
• Responsible for pre-sales, designing customer solutions within the 8 Internet Data
Centres operated by B.T. in the U.K.
• Designs complex customer systems for a range of functions including application hosting,
operation of a share trading platform, V.O.I.P and CIPT planning for B.T.’s next
generation I.P. network (21C.N.)
• Design and implementation of voice/computer integration applications, cantering on
• Site implementation of designs including Cisco “Call Manager (3.x and 4)”, Cisco Unity
(4.0), VPNs and large integrated enterprise systems into data centre designs.
May 2004-Jan 2005 NTL (Hook, Hants) Principal network design Team Leader
• Detailed technical designs for implementation by Operations Engineers.
• Design National Ethernet (MPLS over various media) design.
• Design ADSL ‘unbundling of the local loop’ from B.T.
• Design National Voice over IP design.
• Design Quality of Service for voice over WAN links and Call Manager, Cisco Unity
Jan 2003-May 2004 Barclays Bank Technical Communications Consultant
• Desktop renewal project in Barclays African businesses.
• Planning, design and oversee of implementation, including various sub-contractors, to
replace legacy corporate desktop
• Replace bridged Layer 2 satellite network (Vsat) international network infrastructure,
with Microsoft Active Directory based network with Exchange, over an international Layer
3 Satellite network, based on a Cisco routed network
• Technical and security design components included, installation and config of Cisco
network equipment, firewalls, VPN concentrators, VOIP over LAN and WAN to avoid
using unreliable telephone networks on African countries
• Management of third party, suppliers and provision of technical design authority.
• Network security, on a bank’s network, the main deliverable.
• OSPF, BGP Cisco 6500, 12000, cat 5000 and assorted technologies.
Nov 2000-Jan 2003 Colt Internet (Colt Telecom) Design and security authority
• Responsibility for network planning and security.
• Design and implementation of a security frame work policy, based around IDS and
• Responsible for Multilayer switching network using Cisco 6509, 3500’s and 12000 GSR’s,
EIGRP, OSPF, BGP Cisco 6500, 12000, cat 5000 and assorted technologies.
• Including BGP routing, OSPF, inter Vlan routing and switching.
• Design and implementation of a brand new data centre (Colt Powergate) and design of
• I.S.P. responsibilities include, BGP peering and I.P. address planning and management.
• Pre-sales technical presentation, customer solution engineering and troubleshooting, pre-
sales presentation for VPNs and IP telephony.
May 2000-Nov 2000 Ipcenta/Completel Network management team leader
April 2000-May 2000 British Telecom Network Engineer
January 2000-April 2000 Tektronix Europe W.A.N. analyst
October 99-january 2000 Cable and Wireless Network Analyst
April 99-AuGUST 99 British American Tobacco Network support Engineer
August 98-March 99 British American Tobacco Network And Desktop Support
June 98-August 98 Sony Broadcasting Citrix Engineer
May 98-June 98 Siemens Nixdorf L.A.N. and W.A.N. support
December 97-April 98 Hambros Bank (Societe Generale), Server Support Engineer
July 97-december 97 Rolls Royce Systems engineer
Mar 97-June 97 Environment Agency Systems Engineer
Nov 96-Feb 97 ICL Sorbus LAN and WAN support
July 96-October 96 RIO Systems PC Engineer
February 96-May 96 Ocean Technical Services Network Engineer
MAY 95-October 95 Ocean Technical Services (British Gas) Network Engineer
November 94-Feb 95 Ocean Technical Services for Arco (U.K.). Network Engineer
May 94-August 94 Ocean Technical Services for Arco (U.K.) Network Engineer
Plymouth College of Further Education 2 ‘A’ levels 9 ‘O’ levels
Football, Mountain Biking, Running, Judo, and Golf.