Denmark 丹麥 01

690 views

Published on

Published in: Travel
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total views
690
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
3
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
59
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Denmark 丹麥 01

  1. 1. Denmark 丹麥 01 李常生 Eddie Lee (Lee Chang-Sheng ) 3/11/2010
  2. 5. <ul><li>Denmark is a Scandinavian country in Northern Europe and the senior member of the Kingdom of Denmark . It is the southernmost of the Nordic countries , southwest of Sweden and south of Norway , and bordered to the south by Germany . Denmark borders both the Baltic and the North Sea . The country consists of a large peninsula, Jutland (Jylland) and many islands, most notably Zealand (Sjælland), Funen (Fyn), Vendsyssel-Thy , Lolland , Falster and Bornholm , as well as hundreds of minor islands often referred to as the Danish Archipelago . Denmark has long controlled the approach to the Baltic Sea; before the digging of the Kiel Canal water passage to the Baltic was possible only through the three channels known as the &quot; Danish straits &quot;. </li></ul><ul><li>Denmark is a constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government. Denmark has a state-level government and local governments in 98 municipalities . Denmark has been a member of the European Union since 1973, although it has not joined the Eurozone . Denmark is a founding member of NATO and the OECD . </li></ul><ul><li>According to figures from Statistics Denmark, in 2009, 90.5% of Denmark’s population of over 5.4 million was of Danish descent.Many of the remaining 9.5% were immigrants, or descendants of recent immigrants, from Bosnia , neighbouring countries, South Asia and Western Asia , </li></ul>
  3. 6. Significant investment has been made in recent decades in building road and rail links between Copenhagen and Malmö , Sweden (the Øresund Bridge ), and between Zealand and Funen (the Great Belt Fixed Link ). The Copenhagen Malmö Port was also formed between the two cities as the common port for the cities of both nations.
  4. 7. Prepared by Eddie Lee
  5. 50. To be continued……

×