View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!Introducing SlideShare for AndroidExplore all your favorite topics in the SlideShare appGet the SlideShare app to Save for Later — even offline
View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new Android app!View stunning SlideShares in full-screen with the new iOS app!
Financial services are the economic services provided by the
finance industry, which includes a broad range of organizations
that manage money, including credit card companies (visa,
master card), insurance companies, stock
brokerages, investment funds and some government sponsored
Financial services can also refer to the services and products that
money management organizations offer to the public.
• The financial services industry is comprised of
three primary sectors:
• Securities and commodities,
• and Insurance.
• Banks are one kind of financial services organizations.
• Banks generally function by providing a sheltered and secure
place for people to store their money.
• Usually, banks will invest their clients' stored money for the
bank's gain, while paying a small amount of interest to those
who keep their money in savings accounts.
• Investment services, another type of financial
service, generally deals with helping individuals and other
entities invest their money in stocks, shares or funds.
• These services usually offer financial products for investors to
buy, such as mutual funds.
• Equity funds are a type of mutual fund that puts money
into different kinds of stocks. Investors buy shares in mutual
funds with other people. The fund is managed by a
professional fund manager and a team of professionals.
• Venture capital - Money provided by investors to startup
firms and small businesses with long-term growth potential.
This is a very important source of funding for startups that do
not have access to capital markets.
• Credit card companies are financial services companies which
provide lines of credit to consumers in exchange for interest
paid on the money consumers borrow when they charge a
purchase to the card.