• COMMONLY KNOWN AS AIRTEL, it has an Indian
telecommunications company headquartered at New Delhi,
Indian and operating in 19 other countries.
• It operates a GSM network in all countries, providing 2G,3G
and 4G services depending upon the countries of operation.
Bharti Airtel- organizational structure
JMD & CEO (India)
Director, Market Operations
MD & CEO (International)
Legal & Regulatory
• Recruitment is the process of finding and attracting capable
applicants for employment. The process begins when new
recruits are sought and ends when their applicants are
• It is a process which prompt people to offer for selection in an
organization. This involves locating sources of manpower to
meet job requirements.
GOALS OF RECRUITMENT:
- To attract highly qualified individual.
- To provide an equal opportunity for potential candidates
to apply for vacancy.
• Selection can be conceptualized in term of either choosing the fit
candidates, or rejecting the unfit candidates, or a combination of
both. Sometimes it is called a negative process in contrast to
positive program of recruitment.
GOALS OF SELECTION:
-To systematically collect the information about to meet the requirements of the
-To select a candidate that will be successful in performing the task and meeting
the responsibilities of the position.
-To emphasize active recruitment of traditionally under represented groups, i.e.
individuals with disabilities, minority group members , women and veterans.
Bharti Airtel recruitment process
• The objective of the recruitment is to ensure
precisely channeled selection of resources, to
enable achievement of companies business goals.
The recruitment of processes of Bharti Airtel are
• In Bharti Airtel once the manpower budgeting is prepared by
the CEO,GM-HR & HODs at the end of financial year.
• The concern manager of a vacant positions request for
manpower through manpower requisition.
• Form(MRF). GM-HR approves the form. If the
manpower requirement is approved is it forwarded to
• Then the sourcing of CVs is done, through various
methods, then the initial screening, if the candidate is
selected then he is supposed to fill JAF form.
• Then comes the functional interview round which is
taken by the functional manager.
Sources of Manpower Supply
• Normally, following outside sources are utilized for different
• Employment agencies
• On campus recruitment
• Employees recommendation
• Selection of Bharti Airtel involves a number of steps. A
standard selection process of Bharti Airtel has
• Screening of applications
• Selection test
• Checking reference
• Physical examination
• Approval by appropriate authority.
• In Bharti Airtel the management process works smoothly.
• Hr department of Airtel achieves the apex point, while
fulfilling their objectives.
• Some of the human resource management functions the
Bharti Airtel as follows:
- Analyses job and skills needed in the organization.
- Assesses, develops and implements policies, procedures
- Recruits and selects workers.
- Appraises performance.
- Rewards workers through implementation of
compensation system. Designs and delivers training,
development and educational programs for
employees to provide the organization with the
skilled resources it needs.
• 1. Define the Recruitment and selection with
recommended source and mix of new positions (150
no’s). How do these processes enable an organization
like Airtel to get the right people to fill its posts?
Internal job posting