1.  Hacking generally refers to act of a person abusing computer access, breaking into computers, or using computers without authorization. An intruder or attacker is a person who carries out an attack.
2.  There are in essence two types of hackers, often referred to as 1.White-hat hackers. 2.Black-hat hackers. White hat hackers enjoy learning and working with computer systems, and consequently gains a deeper understanding of the subject. Black-hat hackers often called as ‘Crackers’ called by White-hat hackers.
4.  Steal credit card numbers. Steal passwords to other systems. To steal programs or files. Read others’ mails.
5.  Files disappear or are modified unexpectedly. Strange files appear or grow in size unexpectedly. Programs stop working as expected. Your internet connection slows dramatically for an extended period. The computer starts crashing frequently.
6.  Gathering information. 1.port scanning. 2.packet sniffing. Launching attack 1.Denial of Service(DOS). 2.Password cracking. 3.Packet Sequence attacks. 4.Operating System exploits. 5.FTP(File Transfer Protocol). 6.Fore Core Dumping.
7.  Server-side security. It is a very large and complex area. Client-side security:-This contains 3 areas 1.Anti-virus security. 2.Personal Firewall. 3.Encryption.
8.  Encryption programs basically ‘scramble’ the original file so that it is unreadable to anyone without the correct password to de-scramble the file. The key to data encryption is to choose your passwords carefully, and change your passwords frequently.
9.  The main appeal to me is to ability to communicate complex ideas in a fast, cheap and creative way. A level-headed approach should be taken by all internet users to protect their privacy and security online. When the true meaning of hacking is realized people will be able to publicly declare themselves as hackers.