3. Pilates is a physical fitness system
developed in the early 20th century by
Joseph Pilates, and popular in many
countries , including Germany,
the United States and the United Kingdom.
4. It is a safe, sensible
exercise system that will
help your body look fit
and firm. Pilates also
improves flexibility, agility
and economy of motion. It
can even help alleviate
5. • Benefits of Pilates : Pilates is
a body conditioning routine that may
help build flexibility, muscle strength,
and endurance in
the legs, abdominals, arms, hips,
6. Pilates Lifestyle : Pilates is much more
than an exercise method - it is a way of life.
A fusion of the mind and body based on the
reawakening of dormant muscle and brain
cells, Pilates gives us the opportunity to live
a life where the gap between functional
motion and enlivened thought has been
• Sensible - showing reason or sound
• Flexibility – the property of being flexible;
easily bent or shaped.
• Agility – the gracefulness of a person/animal
that is quick and nimble.
8. • Alleviate – provide physical relief , as
• Routine – an unvarying or habitual
method or procedure.
• Abdominals – the muscles of the
9. • Endurance – the power to withstand
hardship or stress.
• Dormant – in a condition of biological rest
or suspended animation.
• Enlivened – made spirited and cheerful.