2. Presentation Flow1. GENERATION : Accelerated Growth2. PROBLEM : Matching Power Demand3. OPTIMISING : Load – Generation Mix4. BYPL’s Innovation Renewable Energy Assisted Pump Modular Integrated Distribution Automation System DRONA – Training Simulator5. Sum Up : Electronics in Power Distribution….2 BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.
3. GENERATION : accelerated growth3Since 1991:A PhenomenalGrowth 220 %Installed capacity as on Nov’12 : 2,10,937 MW YEAR 1991-92: Liberalization Policy by Govt. of India New Policy Framework to foster Accelerated Growth in Power. Private / FDI participation for the Generation SectorBSES Yamuna Power Ltd.
4. 4 Installed Capacity : 2,10,937 MW Grid Demand : 135,453 MWPROBLEM : Power Demand ConstraintsBSES Yamuna Power Ltd.Poised for Huge Growth & InvestmentsPoised for Huge Growth & Investments~64%utilization~64%utilization Suppressed Demand :1. Huge piling of the New connection pendency (other than private utilities)2. More than 30% of the 2 Crs pumpset run on DG Sets3. Majority of the un-electrified railway corridors (other than main trunk lines)4. Unavailability of efficient Public transport system : Metro, Monorail etc.5. Majority of un-electrifed / partially electrified 5 lac villages.
5. Optimizing Load – Generation MixUsage Based Customer Segmentation1) PUMPING LOAD:Brief : 19.6 Million pumps / As & When required / ~45% of total capacityPreferred Gen Mode : Renewable (Solar) / Hydro / Thermal2) LIGHTING LOAD:Brief : Off Peak Load / ~18% of total installed capacityPreferred Gen Mode : Renewable (Biomass) / Hydro / Thermal5 BSES Yamuna Power Limited.
6. Usage Based Customer Segmentation3) DRIVES/TRACTIONBrief : Industrial & Tractions / RTC Load / ~40% of total installed capacityPreferred Gen Mode : Thermal, Nuclear / Hydro / Renewable4) HEATING/COOLING :Brief : Off Peak Load / ~20 % of total installed capacityPreferred Gen Mode : Renewable (Biomass/ Bagasse) / Hydro / Thermal6BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.Optimizing Load – Generation Mix
7. BYPL’S INNOVATION7 BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.
8. IIT - Delhi8 BSES Yamuna Power Limited.Specially designed pump powered by a solar panel connected to a water tankUSAGES : Pumping requirements : Urban & Rural setup Portable drinking water solution for remote villages.ACCREDITATIONS : ‘SP 2B grading by CARE (HIGH performance ; Moderate fiscal strength) MNRE Approved (Channel Partner for off-grid solar programme under JNNSM )RENEWABLE ENERGY ASSISTED PUMP[REAP]
9. 9BSES Yamuna Power Ltd. Long Operating Life. Eco friendly. Easy to operate and maintain. Freedom from hikes in electricity tariff Quick Payback ( ~ 3 Years) with ‘0’ Operating CostRENEWABLE ENERGY ASSISTED PUMP[REAP]
10. 10 BSES Yamuna Power Limited.Centralized Health Monitoring of the HT Network & Equipments FRTU (developed in collaboration with IIT-Delhi), Sensors, Fault Passage Indicators, Modem Compatible with s/w like OMS & other IT Platforms like SAP, GIS etcModular Integrated Distribution Automation System
11. 11BSES Yamuna Power Ltd. Condition MonitoringLoad imbalances, Power Factor, Oil Level, Temperature etc Meter data ManagementAnalytics, Energy Audit, Theft Control, Network Planning. Intrusion Control.Automatic notification & EscalationP R E D E C T I V E Maintenance ToolModular Integrated Distribution Automation System For Utility Savings : reduced breakdowns, manpower / man-hour Improved reliability Condition monitoring of assets Network analysis & control For Consumer Minimum outages Improved quality supply
12. 12BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.DRONA – Training SimulatorWeb based application for imparting Distribution Business Domain Knowledge Information in the form of 3-D Animation, presentations, technical specs, Videos etc Interactive learning through numerous Quizzes & Puzzles . Standardized Training for existing employees & new joinees.Exhaustive Coverage :1) EQUIPMENTS – functions, features & SoPs2) PROCESS FLOWS – SoPs, timelines & statutory guidelines
13. 13BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.DRONA – Training Simulator1. Outage Management2. Preventive Maintenance3. Enforcement4. Meter Management5. Power Management6. Protection7. Customer Care8. Technical Diary9. Tools10. Meter to Cash To exercise the operational teams ability to evaluate,prioritize and respond to problems in an integrated mannerwithin a time critical environment. To provide procedures to be used in performing fault /recovery of the operations performed during the breakdown/maintenance phaseDiscoms “ Classroom of the Future ”10MODULE
14. 14BSES Yamuna Power Ltd.Electronics in Power Distribution….IT & ELECTRONICS form DISCOMS BACKBONE………..Operations / Biz / System SupportPertinent Issues :1)Want for Research & Development (R&D) Scope : Product & IT based Applications Focusing Minimal Manual Intervention A U T O M A T I O N2) Integration More Focus on Application side rather than on Hardware Seamless handshake (Hardware & IT ) : SCADA / DMS / SAP / GIS / DMSTRANSITION : Basic Infra Mgmt Advanced System Automation