Neelamba Sarvaiya's Presentation 24,2013-14:"GULLIVER'S FOUR ODD VOYAGES AND THEIR SIGNIFICANCE"
Gulliver’s Four odd voyages and their
Name : Neelamba R.Sarvaiya.
Paper no-2 The neo-classical literature
S.B.Gardi English department
M.K. Bhavnagar University.
Guided by : Heenaba Zala
Four voyages in the novel
The voyage of Liliput:
This is also called
the Land of
The book is Travel
is a topical political
The gulliver is huge
from England :
Gulliver God like
the figure country.
The voyage of Brobdingnag
• Gulliver is tiny people among the people of
• Farmer’s daughter cares him.
• Giant society is bigger than Gulliver’s society
• This book compares the truly moral man to
the representative man
The voyage of Laputa
• Attacked by the Pirates. Christian V/s Heathen
deformed human beings deformed Culture.
• The common problem Gulliver faces is of
• The floating island represents the distance
between the Government and the people.
• The society seems non human. The life here
seems Abstract & absurd.
A Voyage to the Country of the
• Transformation in Gulliver.
• He quickly learns the Language of
• Here animals are national & cultured.
Gulliver thinks of his people as
European Yahoo and his prefers to live
with Barbarious with his own people.
Swift is challenging that traditioal
identity at human are national