2. ACADEMY OF PASTRY ARTS MALAYSIA Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia is a premier institute offering you a unique opportunity to learn the Art of Bakery and Pastry making in a professional setting. We are committed to groom the best, “Ready to perform” professionals, entering the industry and related fields. We teach authentic European style Pastry & Bakery. Our master chefs classes involve Pastry Chefs from France, UK, USA and other countries right here to Malaysia.
3. OUR TEAM - INHOUSE CHEFS Niklesh Sharma, Hong Yik Kong, Guillaume Lejeune, Frederic Oger,Executive Pastry Chef Executive Pastry Chef Director of Pastry Studies Executive Pastry Chef Focus: Focus: Focus: Bakery & Focus:Bakery, Cakes, Cho Cake French Pastry Chocolate, Dessert colate Decorating, Sugar s, Cakes Art Tan Wei Loon, Chong KoWai, Pastry Chef Pastry Chef Assistant Azura Focus: Chocolate & Sugar Focus: Khairuddin, Cakes, Pastry, Cake Asst. Pastry Chef Deco
4. OUR TEAM – GUEST CHEFS Stéphane Tréand, Jean-Marie Auboine, Michel Willaume,MOF & World Pastry Champion 2008 MOF Finalist & Pastry World ChampionFocus: Sugar , Pastry & Chocolate American Chocolate Master 2005 Focus: Cakes & Pastry Art Focus: Chocolate & Pastry Matthias Schuebel Keith Hurdmann, Christophe Morel, Pastry Olympic Gold Medal Master Pastry Chef MOF Finalist 2011Focus: Chocolate, Petit Four Focus: Chocolates Focus: Chocolate
5. NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTSAt Culinaire Malaysia 2011, the region’s largest culinary competition, Chefsfrom Academy of Pastry Arts Malaysia won following medals and awards:MOST OUTSTANDING PASTRY CHEF AWARD 2011 (Chef Tan WeiLoon) Award for Most Outstanding Sugar Showpiece and Chocolate Cake Challenge Gold Medal for Dress the Cake Category Gold Medal for Pastry Bakery Showpiece Bronze for Chocolate Showpiece Diploma for Dress the Cake Category Diploma for Free Style Confectionary
6. INTERNATIONAL ACHIEVEMENTSNATIONAL PASTRY TEAM:Two of our lecturers have been selected to represent Team Malaysia ininternational competitions. MONDIAL DES ARTS SUCRES, March 2012 in Paris :Chef Tan Wei Loon, our in-house Pastry Chef representing Team Malaysia for thisprestigious competition in March 2012.RESULTS: Malaysia under TOP 5 Pastry Teamof the world! ASIA PASTRY CUP, April 2012, Singapore :Chef Hong Yik Kong will be representing TeamMalaysia in Asia Pastry Cup in Singapore in April 2012.
7. FULL TIME PROGRAMSVOCATIONAL TRAININGWe are committed to groom the next generation of outstanding Chefs.Awarding Body: UK based City & Guilds!Full time Pastry & Bakery Programs:- International Advanced Diploma (9 months)- International Diploma (6 months)- Certificate (3 months)With additional 3 months industrial training after graduation
8. PART TIME WEEKEND PROGRAM PART-TIME CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS Suitable for working adults & College students: PASTRY & BAKERY PROGRAM: 12 Weekend sessions SUGARCRAFT PROGRAM: 6 Weekend sessions SHORT CLASSES- Suitable for enthusiasts of any age group: Semi professionals, hobby bakers, lifestyle explorers etc.- ½ day, 1 day, 2 day classes, i.e.: Christmas Bakery, Macarons, Croquembouche, Healthy Breads, Quiches, OperaCake
9. CONTINUING EDUCATIONCONTINUING EDUCATION FOR PROFESSIONALSShort term workshops for professional Bakers, Pastry Chefs, Chocolatiers, CakeArtists, i.e.:- Sugar Art- Chocolate Making- Advanced Breakfast Pastries- Petit Fours- BreadsProfessionals from hotels , Pastry colleges andretails from Asia-Pacific region and Middle Eastattending these workshops!
10. OUR FACILITIESAcademy of Pastry ArtsOn approx. 11,000 sqf. :6 specialized kitchens and The Studio/ShowroomAcademy of Culinary ArtsGrand Opening: May 2012
11. ENROLMENT STATUSEnrollments 2011:60 full time300 part-time100 professionalsExpected 2012:120 full time500 part-time200 Professionals Demonstration worksop for 26 Executive Pastry Chefs of Marriott Hotels Asia-Pacific at Academy in Jan , 2012
12. ACADEMY AS BRAND PARTNER To ensure that all brands of Sponsoring Company are reaching the right people Featured as sponsorers in all our Marketing tools Academy’s growth Your benefit Academy is Positioned as the Finest Sponsoring Company Branding with Pastry school in Malaysia and Asia the right Kind of school & Pastry Chefs Pacific. Our Monthly Marketing strategy All the Final trials and presentations of through National newspaper , Expat Natioanl Pastry Team are finalised in Magazines & Food Magazines Academy. Our Professional programs are highly Academy has a strong Team of Visiting recognised from Professionals and Guest chefs like world champions Aspiring Entrepreneurs. , MOF , chocolatiers & World chocolate A bigger reach through our Chefs Masters participation in From Year 2013 Academy will be competitions, demonstrations etc. organising , a Week Long Annual Asia Pastry Forum , One of its own Kind in Asia.
13. PASTRY EQUIPMENTS & REFRIGERATION Academy’s growth Your benefit Sponsors logo on each equipment exposed to more than 1000 students at AcademySponsoring of Pastry Equipments , Tools, Moulds as per Academy standard looking at Introduce your equipment in a hands-onfollowing- experience to new customers supervised by our experienced Chefs Malaysian Team for World cup 2013 Organize demonstration sessions at Asia Pastry Forum in 2013 reaching Academy with your own Chef professionals from Asia-Pacific region. Extensive Feature in Academy’s website with link to your website Features in Academy’s monthly advertisements in national newspapers & magazines as sponsor Taking in consideration up-coming Southeast Asia Pastry Forum in 2013 reaching professionals from Asia-Pacific region.
14. ADVERTISEMENT Sponsor will be featured in advertisements nationwide