1. Extensibility of IBM Connections usingXPages and Open Source from OpenNTFNiklas Heidloff, IBMSocial ConnectionsNovember 2012
2. Disclaimer Information regarding potential future products is intended to outline our general product direction and it should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision. The information mentioned regarding potential future products is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. Information about potential futureproducts may not be incorporated into any contract. The development, release, and timing of any future features or functionality described for our products remains at our sole discretion.
3. Agenda  OpenNTF  New IBM Social Business Toolkit for Web and Java Developers  Activity Stream Service API for XPages Developers  Generic HTML and XPages iWidgets  OpenSocial Gadgets and Embedded Experience
4. OpenNTF.org  Open source for IBM Collaboration Solutions  360 new open source releases and 200.000 downloads per year  Development Contests – More than 100 contributions received in first three development contests – Fourth development contest – win 5 x $1000  Ongoing XSnippets contests  Support for GitHub
5. OpenNTF – More than Open Source  OpenNTF Inc. with 31 member companies  XPages.info and CollaborationToday.info  Questions on StackOverflow
6. Social Enabling Technologies  Definition: Custom social applications – Applications that provide social and collaborative functionality and/or – Applications that leverage existing social software  Social software as well as other cloud based and on-premises services provide REST APIs – Custom social applications that leverage social software need to consume REST APIs  Interoperability through open standards HTML5 ARIA SAML
8. New IBM Social Business Toolkit for Web and Java Developers Isolates complexity related to authentication mechanisms – Application code is agnostic of the underlying authentication mechanism – Credentials are managed centrally in a web security store Makes it easy to switch between multiple environments Provides easy to use objects with many code examples – Low level APIs for directly consuming the REST services – Higher level objects with advanced capabilities
9. New IBM Social Business Toolkit – Components SDK – Available as open source Development community – Wiki, Q&A, etc. IBM Collaboration QuickStart Social Business – On IBM SmartCloud – As downloadable image Playground – Lets developers experiment the social functionality using a web based application – Hosted on IBM Greenhouse and IBM SmartCloud
10. Social Enabler for XPages Developers  XPages is IBMs rapid application development platform for web and mobile apps  The social enabler is an infrastructure to invoke REST APIs  Available on OpenNTF with samples to connect to … – IBM Connections, IBM SmartCloud, Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
11. OpenNTF Project: XPages for Connections  Samples for how to use the social enabler against Connections  Generic XPages and HTML iWidgets  New: Activity Stream Service
12. Extensions to IBM Connections Embedded experiences in IBM Connections 4 can be built via OpenSocial gadgets Home pages, communities and profiles can be extended using iWidgets
13. Embedded Experiences OpenSocial standard: OpenSocial gadgets Component model used by … – IBM Connections activity streams – IBM Connections Mail – Planned for IBM Notes and iNotes Gadget types – Generic URL gadgets – Full OpenSocial gadgets
14. Extensions to IBM ConnectionsScenario: Users can interact with Applications via the Embedded Experience OpenSocial Gadget