SO WHAT IS IT ACTUALLY?? Strategy Tool Phenomenon All of the AboveViral marketing is an intentional/unintentionalstrategy/tool used for exponential growth of abrand/sales/product of an organization which creates aphenomenon that facilitates and encourages people topass along a marketing message
1. CREATE VALUE Give away free stuff (Free email in this case) Full version softwares, products( ever tried giving an iPhone!!), themes etc
2. SIMPLIFY Make the message as simplae as possible Make it simple to replicate (the share button in facebook is too good!!) Make it easy to access (no logins, no email ids, no surveys etc)During the 2002 World Cup, a doctored photo appeared on the cover ofthe British newspaper “The Mirror.” The photo depicted members of theArgentinian defense with women’s handbags in front of a goal. The photoinstantly made the rounds on the Internet, ultimately becoming one of themost shared photos of all time. Though the stunt was not a directmarketing ploy of the FIFA World Cup establishment, the shared photohelped to further heighten the already global prestige of the event.
3. INVOLVE EMOTIONS The campaign should enhance the emotions of a human Humour, suspense, greed, anger etcThe zoo zoos were a big hit in India. Although it just told about theservices of vodafone, it expressed through humorous feelings. Nowthere are official merchandise and fan clubs of zoo zoos!!
3. INVOLVE PEOPLE Involve people where they can interact or engage themselves SUBSERVIENT CHICKEN from Burger King -"Get chicken just the way you like it"
5. NOTHING IS GUARANTEED TO GO VIRAL!!The problem is that nobody knows with certainty which campaign willsucceed, so finding a success is a numbers game requiring investmentin many prospects. David Meerman Scott