On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Goals of Nepalese Tourism
• Create Destination Demand
• Catalyst to bring Nepalese travel trade, Int’l travel trade
and consumers together
• Establish backward and forward linkages
• Promote a Perfect Product-Market Matrix
• Work towards achieving higher spends, longer stays
and year round arrivals.
Tourism in Nepalese Economy
• Tourism contributes around 3% of GDP.
• 526,705 tourists in 2007
• 374,661 in 2008 (by air only) – increase of 4.1%
• Travel & tourism in Nepal in 2006 generated USD
• Create approx 500,000 jobs
A living museum with intact Culture and
Tradition set in Natural landscape to offer the
Experience of a lifetime.
• Birth place of Lord Buddha
• Land of Living Goddess
• Tilicho lake at the highest altitude of 4919 mts
• Hotel Everest View at the highest altitude (3870m)
• Kaligandaki the deepest gorge (6967 m)
• The Gurkhas, the brave warriors
• Dolpo: Settlement found at one of the highest altitude (5000m)
• World class rivers for rafting and kayaking