3. Tropical Rainforest
• tropical rainforest occurs roughly within the
latitudes 28 degrees north or south of the equator
(in the equatorial zone between theTropic of
Cancer andTropic of Capricorn).Its warm and wet.
• Layers –Emergent, canopy, understory, forest floor .
4. Its flora and fauna
Trees of 313 species and 1,500 species of higher plants.
Birds-Hyacinth macaw, toucans ,
Mammals-Malayan sun bear, capybaras,
5. Temperate rainforest
• These forests are found in Southeast Asia,
Africa, South America, and Central America .
• United States along the coastline of the Pacific
Northwest and in Canada, Alaska.
• coastal mountain ranges in Washington,
7. Flora and fauna
• Coastal redwood trees, oak,
• Maple, black cherry,
• Woodpeckers, ravens
• Bats, flying squirrels, black bears.
8. Tropical Scrubs
• Mostly in India and northernmost Sri Lanka.
• Deccan Plateau, extending across the Indian
states of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andhra
Pradesh, and Tamil Nadu to the Northern
Province of Sri Lanka.
10. Flora and fauna
350 species of which three are considered near-
Plants- Indian bustard
• Animals-, elephant, nilgai, species of rat, sloth
, black buck, bear,
• Reptiles-snakes, lizards and small rodents.
• Plants- olive, cedars, oaks.
• Eastern half of the United States, Canada,
Europe, parts of Russia, China, and Japan
13. Flora and fauna
• Eagle, cardinal
• Small creatures as earth worms, scorpion, ants
• Black bears, chipmunks, squirrels, fox.
Maple, oaks, sequoia,
The fact that most humans live in the temperate deciduous forest biome than
any other is very important to note.
14. Coniferous forest
• Canada, Europe, Asia, and the United States
16. Flora and fauna
• moose, snakes, eagles, bob cats, flies, geese,
bunnies, lynx, frogs, beaver, squirrels, owls,
deer, and foxes.
• pine, aspen, Jeffery pine, fir and, of course
the conifer. There are also pants like
mushrooms, moss, and flowers.