• Be prompt
Be ready to learn when class begins.
• Be prepared
Have materials with you and know due dates.
• Be a polite and positive participant
Speak in a normal tone of voice, and listen
• Be productive
Turn in work on time, and always do your best.
• Be a problem solver
Correct problems quickly and peacefully before
“Love and Logic
To create and maintain a positive learning environment for all
students, I will use the following “Love and Logic” behavior policy:
1. Treat students with dignity and respect at all times.
2. Guide students to own and solve their own problems.
3. Use Love & Logic (empowering) skills. This is, I am going to
hand students’ problems back to them with guidance to own
4. Us logical consequences instead of punishment when
5. Treat problem behavior as a learning opportunity.
6. Refer chronic/severe/illegal behavior to the office.
7. Grant students and parents a conference when requested.
Special area class schedule:
JRE 3rd graders are on a A,B,C,D
schedule. Special area class time
is from 1:45-2:30 Monday
Lunch and Recess
Our recess/lunch is from 10:45-11:30. Students can not
stay in during recess unless they have a note from a
doctor. If students has a note they will go to the office
during recess time.
Computer Lab and Media Center
• 2:30-3:10 Wednesday Computer Lab
Students are allowed to have their snack at
anytime during the day. Please have your child
bring a healthy snack to school everyday.
I do allow water bottles in the classroom.
However JRE does not allow other drinks.
Homework Assignment Book
How to use the homework assignment book:
Parents need to check the notebook every night. The notebook
must be returned to school everyday.
1. Check and sign homework assignment book
2. Review spelling words
3. Do all homework, have student put homework back in
return to school folder when completed.
4. Return the blue homework folder daily.
5. Please remove papers from homework folder that are in
the keep at home side.
The assignment book is another way that provides a connection
between parent and teacher and teaches student’s
responsibility. It is also the best way to communicate with me as
I check them every morning. Students should fill out their
assignment book each day as I model what needs to be written.
During the first couple of months, I will check each student’s
assignment book before going home to make sure they are
completely filled out. At times during the year, students may
become lazy when filling these out. You should expect to see
something written every day. It is imperative that assignment
books are initialed each evening by a parent/guardian. Do not
initial until you have seen the completed assignments. After
students sign in for attendance and lunch, I will check their
assignment books to make sure they are completely filled out,
that it contains a parent’s initials, and that their homework is
White envelopes are sent home every Friday,
and these folders contain both important
information from the school, PTO, and
classroom. This envelope needs to be
emptied, signed and returned on Monday.
Good communication between us is important
for coordinating home/school efforts in the
best interest of your child. If necessary, other
papers and notes may be sent home on
This blog is for:
• Showcasing students work
• Watching videos of lessons
• And so much more
• I will be using “Words Their Way” program.
Our class will be participating in Mystery Skype
• I have 5 classrooms lined up so far.
• Students will be interacting with other schools
from around the world.
• Please remember to sign your child in/out at the
office when appointments or other events arise.
The office will then call to the classroom for
your child. I am not able to send your child to
the office at a specific time until you arrive and
notify the office. This helps to minimize
classroom disruptions and follows school safety
Everyone is invited to attend our holiday parties.
Students will bring home a slip asking you to
donate the idem they have volunteered you for.
• Jackman Road has adopted a policy that no
child is permitted to bring food in as a treats.
• If you would like to do something for your child’s
birthday here are some ideas:
• Book for classroom
• Game for classroom
JRE Suggested Supply List
• (6) Folders (no trappers)
• Art Shirt
• (2) Packages #2 pencils
• (2) Red Pens
• Highlighters (3 colors)
• Ruler with inches and cm
• Small box crayons (24 ct.-no larger please)
• (1) Large Eraser and Pencil Top Erasers
• (1) Dry Erase marker and an old sock or eraser
• (1) Box Washable Markers (NO Sharpies)
• Ziploc Bags-Gallon Size
• Colored Pencils
• (3) Boxes Kleenex
• (1)Hand sanitizer
• (3) Glue Sticks and 1 glue bottle
• Zippered bag for supplies/or small school box
• (3) Spiral Notebooks
• (3) Packages of Sticky Notes
• (2) Packages disinfection Wipes
• Weekly Reading Contract Name__________________________ Parent’s
• 1. Read & Record: Choose 4 days to read at least 20 min. Then record the title of one of
the books you read.
• 2. Retell: Discuss what you read with a grown up and have him/her evaluate your reading.
• 3. Comment: Write 1-2 complete sentences about what you read. For example, you could
tell about your favorite part or character, tell something you
learned, or write a one sentence summary.
• THE CONTRACT SHOULD BE COMPLETED NEATLY AND IN YOUR OWN HANDWRITING.
TITLES OF BOOKS SHOULD BE CAPITALIZED.
Four Point Scale:
Score 4- consistently Exceeding
Score 3- Consistently Meeting Expectations
Score2- Making Progress but not consistently
Meeting Expectations Independently
Score 1- Not Meeting Expectations
Scholastic Book Club
Scholastic Book orders help our classroom get
Can order online and have them shipped to your
home or send Scholastic form in with your chid
with a check NO CASH.
Look for Scholastic Book orders about every
My Pledge to Students
• I seek to build a positive working relationship
with our students and parents through honesty,
communication, and teamwork.
• I will respect you and work with you to solve
• I will promptly correct and offer feedback on
• I will work with you to meet learning goals.
• I will offer extra help and alternative
assessments should you require them.