What sort of film are you marketing?
● Our genre will be horror/thriller.
● The film will be low budget with high quality
● There will be no known stars.
● It will be a 15 rating
Who is your target audience?
● 15-25 - mainly males but females as well
● Teens and young adults
● Disposable income
● They go cinema regularly
● Interested in horror and thriller films
What is your unique selling point?
● It has a twist to it - you don’t expect the killer
to be his cousin which creates the enigma or
the mystery aspect to the plot
What is your brand going to look
● Colours: black, red, white
● Font: bold, capitals
● Dark theme-Murderous/scary
● Main character
What sort of distribution company would
sell a film like the one you are marketing?
● Our distributor would be Legendary Pictures.
We chose this distributor because this
company has distributed quite a few thriller
What signifiers are you going to
include in your poster/trailer?
● Low key lighting (dark) and shadows
● Create mystery and intrigue, keeps the
● Sinister or threatening atmosphere, keeps
interest and excitement
● Bleak settings
● Staircase, woods, enclosed spaces
● Bloody knives and weapons.
● Dead bodies
● Main characters cousin comes to stay with
● Violent murders take place around the area.
● Cousin turns out to be the killer but the
blame is placed on the main character.
● Main character is forced to stop his cousin
before he kills more people.
● Blood is thicker than water
● Skeletons in the closet