2. Goals and Objectives
• Present a cohesive and unique brand identity to the
• Determine and reinforce brand values to customers
• Increase incremental revenue through increased brand
recall and trust.
3. Research Performed
• In-depth interviews and survey of key internal stakeholders
• Market/Environment scan
• Competitor scan
• State of the Industry survey (250 respondents)
4. Sheshunoff Background
Sheshunoff Information Services has been serving the information needs of
financial institution professionals for more than 30 years. Sheshunoff leads
the market for its step-by-step, practical guidance for regulatory compliance
and financial institution operations and management.
Sheshunoff publishes books, newsletters, training courses, web libraries, and
work solutions by the country's leading financial institution experts. The
Sheshunoff product line covers leading titles on financial topics, from
regulatory compliance to information security. Sheshunoff continues to give
financial professionals practical tools — sample policies and procedures, risk
assessment checklists, internal controls worksheets, and sample strategic plans
— that can be easily adapted to any institution's needs.
5. Mission and Vision
Sheshunoff improves the financial services professional’s
efficiency, compliance, and service through quality and timely
information and analysis.
Our vision is to be the most trusted provider of industry tools
and solutions for the financial services professional.
6. The Product Line
• Manuals, Books, Newsletters, Audio Conferences and Web-
Access products for Financial Services Professionals, including:
– Timely analysis
– Expert Authors
– Credible Sources
– Practical Guidance
7. What distinguishes us from competitors?
• From Associations: “Customers look to us for implementation
of changes. They need the how-to piece.” This practical
guidance need from the customer does not appear to be
fulfilled through the association competition.
• From News Publications: They provide the analysis, not the
• From Wolters Kluwer/Thomson: Our exclusive industry-
focus, personalized solutions-based approach.
• From Webinar Providers: Internal expertise and content
8. Brand Personality & Essence
• Practical (Driven by How-to)
• Expertise (as a Credibility dimension)
9. Dimensions of Credibility
• Dimensions include expertise, reliability and goodwill.
• To a lesser extent, dynamism and likeability.
• Includes Trustworthiness
• Expertise is the leading persuading factor in source credibility (affecting up
to 10% of attitude and behavior change from consumers)
• Attitude change most affected by combination of qualitative evidence and
• Cold statistics do not come alive; narrative accounts create vivid recall and
are more accessible
How do we prove it? Fully-sourced customer testimonials (specifically, bank
name and title)
10. What is a Brand Positioning Statement?
Also referred to as a brand strategy, positioning strategy, or brand positioning
statement, a positioning statement is a succinct description of the core
target audience to whom a brand is directed, and a compelling picture of
how the marketer wants them to view the brand.
A well-constructed positioning statement is an invaluable means of
bringing focus and clarity to the development of a marketing strategy and
tactics. How? Because every decision that is made regarding the brand is
judged by how well it supports the positioning statement---from the brand
name, the product itself, and packaging, to advertising, promotions, etc.
There are four elements or components of a positioning statement:
• Target Audience
• Frame of Reference
• Benefit/Point of Difference
• Reason to Believe
11. Brand Positioning Statement
For financial services professionals, Sheshunoff is the
information services provider and publisher that delivers
personalized service and practical, how-to guidance on the
legal and compliance questions of the financial services
industry because only Sheshunoff is the single source for the
most timely, accurate and credible advice and analysis
Timely Guidance. Practical Advice. Trust the
Experts at Sheshunoff.
• Combines competitive advantage, key value proposition for
product and key industry value.
13. Logo Update
• Updated Typesetting reflecting a more modern, up-to-date
company. Treatment of the S with a page turning suggests
something important being revealed, also reflective of the
publishing aspect of the business.
• Blue darkened to a more traditional, professional blue, and a
grey-brown incorporated a secondary color to bring a
contemporary, helpful feel.
14. Other Brands
• Options for eLearning, alternative lines of business
• Update to A.S. Pratt
15. Website (Homepage sample)
16. Direct Mail Sample
…to find the Sheshunoff solution for your
cover of DM
17. Product Collateral Sample
18. Product Sample
Printed on-demand—easy to
change cover art.
19. Next Steps…
• Complete Pratt rebranding to reinforce the differences between each brand.
• Develop timeline to revise all customer touch-points to reflect the new brand.
• Develop training materials for staff to understand the brand, then become true