Be Smart & Get Results Nicola Riordan | @nicolariordan
Image credit: programwitch on Flickr Image credit: Amagill on Flickr
Customers!
Getting the basics right <ul><li>Brand is the foundation.  </li></ul><ul><li>Proposition & Messaging.  </li></ul><ul><li>U...
Image credit: Pink Sherbet on Flickr
Influencers <ul><li>“ 10% influence the purchasing behaviour of the other 90%” </li></ul><ul><li>Malcolm Gladwell </li></u...
The Media <ul><li>New World Order </li></ul><ul><li>Create content.  </li></ul><ul><li>Is it newsworthy?  </li></ul><ul><l...
SEO <ul><li>Be clear in your objective </li></ul><ul><li>Look at Keywords & Search Volumes </li></ul><ul><li>Decide which ...
PPC – Paid Search <ul><li>Be Targeted – you’re paying per click.  </li></ul><ul><li>Acquire qualified users at a positive ...
Sharing & Social Media <ul><li>Build viral into your DNA. </li></ul><ul><li>Make it easy to share  </li></ul><ul><ul><li>E...
Email  <ul><li>Don’t be afraid to ask.  </li></ul><ul><li>Take them on a journey.  </li></ul><ul><li>Track & test. </li></...
Community <ul><li>Give customers a voice.  </li></ul><ul><li>Listen and engage.  </li></ul><ul><li>Happy customers > </li>...
Finally Image credit: Tamie Snow Roxycraft on Flickr
Nicola Riordan – Nua Marketing  nicola@nuamarketing.co.uk  http://nicolariordan.blogspot.com/ Twitter: @nicolariordan
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in …5
×

Start-up Marketing On A Budget at Launch48

827 views
769 views

Published on

Marketing a start-up with low-cost techniques.

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
3 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total views
827
On SlideShare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
3
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Start-up Marketing On A Budget at Launch48

  1. 1. Be Smart & Get Results Nicola Riordan | @nicolariordan
  2. 2. Image credit: programwitch on Flickr Image credit: Amagill on Flickr
  3. 3. Customers!
  4. 4. Getting the basics right <ul><li>Brand is the foundation. </li></ul><ul><li>Proposition & Messaging. </li></ul><ul><li>User experience review. </li></ul><ul><li>Metrics & Tracking. </li></ul>Image credit: DavidDMuir on Flickr
  5. 5. Image credit: Pink Sherbet on Flickr
  6. 6. Influencers <ul><li>“ 10% influence the purchasing behaviour of the other 90%” </li></ul><ul><li>Malcolm Gladwell </li></ul><ul><li>The Tipping Point </li></ul><ul><li>Who influences your target audience? </li></ul>Image credit: Andrew Stawarz on Flickr
  7. 7. The Media <ul><li>New World Order </li></ul><ul><li>Create content. </li></ul><ul><li>Is it newsworthy? </li></ul><ul><li>Build relationships. </li></ul>
  8. 8. SEO <ul><li>Be clear in your objective </li></ul><ul><li>Look at Keywords & Search Volumes </li></ul><ul><li>Decide which to optimise for and do it. </li></ul><ul><ul><li>In bound links </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Website – Landing pages and URLs with keywords. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Content – Titles, Keywords and Site Map. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Measure & Iterate </li></ul>
  9. 9. PPC – Paid Search <ul><li>Be Targeted – you’re paying per click. </li></ul><ul><li>Acquire qualified users at a positive ROI. </li></ul><ul><li>Start small and test. </li></ul>
  10. 10. Sharing & Social Media <ul><li>Build viral into your DNA. </li></ul><ul><li>Make it easy to share </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Emails </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Social buttons </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Web buttons </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Widgets… </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Social Media – Engage and listen. </li></ul>Image credit: Jek in the Box on Flickr
  11. 11. Email <ul><li>Don’t be afraid to ask. </li></ul><ul><li>Take them on a journey. </li></ul><ul><li>Track & test. </li></ul><ul><li>Stay within the law. </li></ul>Image credit: Simiezzz on Flickr
  12. 12. Community <ul><li>Give customers a voice. </li></ul><ul><li>Listen and engage. </li></ul><ul><li>Happy customers > </li></ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Loyal customers > </li></ul></ul></ul><ul><ul><ul><ul><li>Customers who tell others. </li></ul></ul></ul></ul>Image credit: Kimberley Kaye on Flickr
  13. 13. Finally Image credit: Tamie Snow Roxycraft on Flickr
  14. 14. Nicola Riordan – Nua Marketing nicola@nuamarketing.co.uk http://nicolariordan.blogspot.com/ Twitter: @nicolariordan

×