CORE Education Breakfast Seminar in Wellington, March 11, 2011.
Smart portfolio assessment is noted as one of UNESCO's 10 Global Trends in ICT and Education. So what is an eportfolio and what purpose do they serve? What do they look like in action? Do I need a proprietary system? Should they include all aspects of a student's life? What about eportfolios and National Standards?
This CORE breakfast session will :
- Introduce the use of eportfolios for students to capture learning and ongoing reflection and feedback
- Examine professional eportfolios for teachers as they inquire into the impact of their teaching
- Discuss the potential benefits of eportfolios
- Outline the process of what eportfolios look like when supporting learning
- Look at different tools for eportfolios and how you might go about choosing the best for your school
- Ask some big picture questions to facilitate discussion regarding the implementation of eportfolios
This session will be particularly useful for school leaders and classroom practitioners, those with responsibility for developing and supporting the implementation of eportfolios within schools, advisers working with schools on authentic assessment practices and professional development and learning facilitators looking at implementing professional eportfolios for teaching staff.