IMPORTANT CONTENTS• A:What you should B.About Operanation know about the jaw Smile and facial deformities I. introduction Establishment History Introduction about facial deformities. Operational objectives Some information about Sense this disease. II .Organization of Operational Smile in Vietnam
DO WHAT INKYOU TH IS THABOUT ??? EPICTUR ` Smile and tear the simple gifts of the life
But it is a difficulty for unlucky children Who can give them smile???And organization surgery smile comes intobeing,which gives dreams to children.
A. What you should know about the jaw and facial deformities• Birth defects jaw and facial region in children is now the most common defects cleft lip and cleft palate. In Vietnam, for every 500 children born with one deformed child.• Cleft lip deformities are open wounds in the middle of the lip, cleft palate deformities (palate) is the opening at the back of the throat or in the soft tissues inside the mouth.• Palate deformities is when the two sides of the palate bone not connected to each other, creating a gap in the upper palate. Handicapped slot cleft lip and cleft palate can occur on one side or both sides of the lip and palate inside• A child may be handicapped slot cleft lip or palate or both at the same time.
Science has not figuredout the exact cause ofthese defects. These arebirth defects that occur inearly pregnancy. Thescientists believe that acombination of geneticand environmentalfactors, maternal diseaseor use of drugs or poornutrition duringpregnancy can lead todefects cleft lip and cleftpalate in the fetus
• Children with these deformities may be subject to other health effects such as diseases of the ear, chronic ear infections, malnutrition, diseases and difficulties in oral language development. Not only that, the emotional effects caused by the defects can greatly affect their lives due to stigma and discrimination.• so operanation smile birth is a very necessary
Let’s take a look at the pictures below for furtherunderstanding of the surgery process: Movement of the lips; Blue line is the incision ties A delivery into between B and C. C is rotated slightly while B is pulled down.
B.About Operanation SmileI. Introduction 1. Establishment History Operation Smile is a Formation 1982 non-profit organization Type Nonprofit operating in the field of Headquarters health, human health, Norfolk, Virginia CEO and is headquartered in William P. Magee Jr. Norfolk, Virginia, President :Kathleen S. Magee founded in 1982 Website www.operationsmile.org
Operation Smile Foundation Bill Magee and his wife Kathy Magee founded after they join a course to help orthopedic surgery in the Philippines in 1982 and saw the need for more such trips. The size of the organization increased after Mother Teresa invited Operation Smile to India to help children with disabilities.
2. Operational objectives• Operation Smile conducted the surgery treatment of cleft lip and cleft palate for children all over the world, and help equip the necessary capacity to conduct these operations, as well as working to reduce disease cleft lip and cleft palate.
To date the organization Operation Smile conducted orthopedic surgery for more than 100,000 children and youth in more than 30 countries. • Panama Ethiopia • Australia • Bolivia • Paraguay Gaza Strip • Bangladesh, • Vietnam • Peru • Brazil, • philippines Honduras • Cambodia • Russia India • Canada • South Africa Jordan • China Kenya • Colombia • Singapore Laos • Ecuador • south korea • Egypt Mexico • Thailand Morocco • Venezuela
3.Sense• Coordinates programs for training physicians from around the world .• Supports education and research programs to eradicate cleft lips and palates, and organizes global volunteer programs for high-school and college students.• Operation Smile provided free surgeries for nearly 13,000 children and young adults suffering from cleft lip and/or cleft palate.
II.Organizations of operation smile in Vietnam• Operation Smile Vietnam as part of Operation Smile Foundations focus on treatment free activities for children and adults with cleft lip deformation defects.
• Activities of Operation Smile in Vietnam began in 1989 when veterans of the Vietnam War, John Connor started the first medical mission, treated 100 Vietnamese children with congenital defects• Ambassadors represent Vietnam is Ly Nha Ky
Some prominent activities in 2012• On 22-5-2012, the • On 26-5-2012, the Operation representative Smile held charity auction organization night many artists bring Operation Smile in donated paintings to raise Vietnam said this in funds for free surgery 2012, at least 2,000 patients. This is an annual children with cleft lip, fundraising campaign, the cleft palate will be 16th named "Night of smiles." surgery for free.
• In the morning on 20 June 8, 2012, at Hai Phong Medical University Hospital opening ceremony program humane smile surgery, free surgery for children with cleft lip, cleft palate, and defectsfunction. The program takes place for three days from 20 to 24 August 2012.
• Laughing Program - Give me life (Walk for Smile - Walk for Life) by the VNG Corporation in cooperation with Operation Smile funds held from 2/5 to 9/6, to mobilize funds for surgery200 disadvantaged children with deformities lip, cleft palate from 10/6 to the end of the year• Many artists such as Quoc Thuan, Khoi My, Khuong Ngoc, Miss Mai Phuong Thuy Hoang My runner ... will join thousands of people walking companion program for children with a cleft palate on 9/6 in Ho Chi Minh City
• Wit h what t he or ganizat ion of Oper at ion Smile has done, I hope it will develop mor e t o make smile always shine on t he
Danh sách thành viên tổ 4 Tổ trưở ng: Nguy ễ n Như Quỳ nh• 1.Nghiêm Xuân • 6.Nguy ễ n Mai Thanh Hào Tùng• 2.Nguy ễ n Thị • 7.Trầ n Thị Thúy Thả o Hằ ng• 3.Trầ n Quố c Đạ t • 8. Đỗ Thị Hoài Linh• 4.C hu Thị Nguy ệ t • 9.C híu Thị Thu Vân• 5.Nguy ễ n Vă n • 10.Hoàng Ng ọ c Anh Phướ c