1. Grading Policies Mrs. Hennes’ 7th Grade Humanities Class 2008-09 School Year
2. 40% Major Assignments In-School Essays In-Class Presentations Major Projects and Written Assignments 30% Minor Assignments Writer’s Notebook Classwork (individual and group) Minor Homework Assignments
3. The effort you put into your writing assignments will be taken into account when calculating your grades.
4. 30% Class Attitude/Participation This grade will be based on your level of participation in class discussions, your cooperative spirit, and the timely manner/appearance in which homework assignments are received
5. Famous Old Saying…. <ul><li>You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink. </li></ul>
6. The grading policies are designed for you to succeed. However, if you don’t want to succeed in this class, if you are not thirsty for success, you can’t be forced to do the work. How well you do this year is up to you…the choice is yours!
7. Good (B) + Better (A) ++ Very Best (A+) Worse (C) - Worst = (D) 0 (F) Not Handed In Best B+
8. Example Quarterly Grade Major Grades- 40% Essay- + Oral Presentation- Book Review- Project- ++ Minor Grades- 30% Writer’s Notebook- Entry #1- Entry #2- Entry #3- + Homework- Classwork- Class Attitude/Participation-30% Late- 0 Missing- 0 Participation- 3/9 1/9
9. <ul><li>Work can be handed in and count for a grade up until the last day of the quarter. </li></ul><ul><li>Any written assignment grade that you would like to improve can be rewritten for a higher grade. </li></ul>