2. @VaStateParks on Twitter• 11 December 2008 -- http://twbirthday.com/vastateparks/
3. Twitter BasicsIt’s Not All About You – Make sure you’re not just usingTwitter as another distribution channel.Comment - Reach out to people. Comment on theirupdates. Comment on their blog posts.Share & Retweet – If you share and retweet posts fromothers, they’re more likely to reach out or share your content.Ask Questions – People like to give their opinion. Askquestions and have conversations around the responses (canbe great content for blog posts and also a nice source ofmarket research).Use hashtags – You’ve probably seen those keywords thatstart with a #. Monitoring hashtags for finding people to followand converse with can be handy too.Follow People in Your Target Audience – Follow peoplewho follow other organizations similar to your.
4. Shared on Twitter– via stats fromJuly 10-11, 2012www.diffbot.comhttp://mashable.com/2012/08/16/twitter-day-in-the-life-infographic/
5. What we share• Our Programs and events• Our Articles• Our Pictures• Interesting articles and tweets from others
6. Post more than once• According to Betaworks CEO John Borthwick, the half-life of a tweet is four minutes. What that means is that half of the total clicks of a link within a tweet come in the first four minutes of when it is posted on Twitter. 3-4 times a Day
7. Tweet to be retweeted• 140 character limit means you need to allow 20 characters for someone else to retweet you the “old school way.”Follower Management
8. Tools• Dashboard Social Media Management HootSuite http://hootsuite.com• Follower Management Refollow http://refollow.com• Bulk Scheduler Grmln http://gremln.com• RSS Feed dlvr.it http://dlvr.it/