1. What will you do if you have 7
million US dollars?
Build and run a new hotel? Or Open a new Casino?
2. What a CEO of a small airline will consider when he has this money in hand?
3. Global alliance trends in aviation industry
Alliance members share of
Share of airline numbers
Source: CAPA – Centre for Aviation and Innovata for the week commencing 16 Sep 2013
4. Worldwide network coverage
5. Seamless policy
Common products - Common lounge
- Common check-in area
Common branding and
6. Having FFPs
to key domestic
7. The potential risk of global alliance
It is costly (membership fee, system changes to meet requirement)
Offer not seamless (in term of product, booking changes, handling
Commercial conflicts of interest among different status members
8. How to tackle these risks
• Choose alliance fit your strategic network
• Customize and strengthen bilateral cooperation within alliance
• Setup strategic group of small airlines with common benefits to have