3 Parts of a Robot
• All of them can rotate independently
• Time is measured in turns (“3cks”).
• Distance is measured in pixels.
• Robot can move no farther than 8 pixels per
turn. If commanded to move farther, it will
take several turns.
• The same goes for turning of body parts.
• Bullets can have power of 0.1‐3
• Firing a bullet costs an equal amount of HP
• But a hit “leechs” back HP
• Weak bullets move faster
• Main loop: what to do each turn
• Events: what to do when something happens
• See the javadoc directory in the installa3on
folder for reference
Trick: Linear Aim‐ahead
• Assume the enemy moves in straight line with
constant speed (very eﬀec3ve against human
• hYp://robowiki.net/: community wiki with a lot
developerWorks.php: links to ar3cles from IBM
• hYp://rmitc.org/: RMITC oﬃcial page, with
ar3cles and source code of last semester robots
• The javadoc folder in your robocode installa3on