5 Easy Ways to Make Your JobAdvertisements Work Better And Improvethe Applicant Experience.Recruiting advice from Newton Software, the makers of the industry’seasiest to use applicant tracking software for small and medium-sizedbusinesses.
1. Think of yourself as the Chief Marketing Officer Put emphasis on the word “advertisement” and tell your story. Create concise, narrative job descriptions that tell the story about the position. Some employers are still inclined to advertise job requisitions designed to screen candidates by listing every skill, requirement and degree imaginable. It’s time to get more scientific and strategic about job advertisements.
2. Standout and Get Above the Noise It’s time to tell applicants about the meaningful things that you do well. Maybe it’s an education stipend, some sort of special training, great benefits or simply flexible hours. The key is to share the unique and valuable qualities that let applicants know that you care about all of your employees.
3. Make the Transaction Easy Requiring applicants to create a user name and password to apply for a job not only presents a barrier, it is plain annoying and restrictive. Let people submit their information the easiest way possible. Burning hoops suck.
4. Collect What You Need…Nothing More Ask for information that will allow you to better access applicants’ skills and experience to determine if they meet the minimum qualifications necessary to be successful for the job. And, remember, there’s still no better initial assessment tool than a resume. Streamline you application process this year. The shorter your application process the better. Our research shows that every step added to the online application process diminishes completion rates. Use applicant tracking software to make your online application process leaner, smarter and faster.
5. Communicate with Everyone Whether an applicant is a go or a no, employers are obligated to communicate with every applicant. This is especially true for consumer brands, nonprofits and any other employer whose applicants can be their customers. The application process doesn’t end when the applicant clicks the submit button anymore. A simple email goes a long way and there are applicant tracking tools available that make the entire communication process nearly effortless.