3. Three Themes
Enterprise evolving (rapidly)
4. The Traditional Enterprise
Sitting comfortable behind the firewall
5. The ‘New’ Enterprise Landscape
6. Point to Point Integration Spaghetti
Is this your
7. Point to Point in the New Enterprise Landscape
Will it Scale?
8. On Premise - Hybrid - In the Cloud
Mule is there!
9. The Open Source ESB
What is Mule?
Mule open source lightweight enterprise service bus (ESB) and integration
- born in Rabo Bank
- open source
- out of the box spring enabled application server
- fully supported eclipse based development environment
- enterprise ready clusterable, logging, management
- great community, commercial support
10. Vast array of open source connectors
Constantly being added to ..
by companies ..
by the community..
11. Big Data
data sources ..
Leverage don’t Liquidate
12. Big Data Integrated - Data Mapper
Big Data can be a Big problem without an
13. APIs are Skyrocketing
"APIs have jumped out of the petri dish of the enterprise,”
. "We can call 2013 a watershed year for Internet APIs," says
Forrester Research analyst John Rymer.
"The most important and underreported trend
we've seen around APIs is how enterprise
adoption for internal private APIs is skyrocketing,
spurred on by mobile app requirements," says
John Sheehan, CEO of Runscope
14. API Revenue Stream
Tele2 - 2nd largest operator in Sweden through
UK - 12% of the active UK subscribers > 10
Germany 25% of active users are MVNO
15. MVNO - a new business with a light touch
MVNO - New business out of virtual nothing ..
16. MVNO - Applied to your industry?
Virtual Business (and API Mashup) already appearing
- Broadcasting and Media
- your industry?
17. How to Build your Api empire ..
The Old Way?
The Agile Way?
- Long meeting sessions
- Large document specifications
- Complex standards - Soap 2.x
- XML, XSD, XSLT etc
- Design for the Users
- Iterate quickly
- simple web standards
- Rest, Json
18. One approach - Introducing Raml
Restful Api Modelling Language
- Open Specification
- Open Api Designer (web/ApiHub)
- Mocking Services (web/ApiHub)
- Cross Language Server
Framework, Java, NodeJs etc.
- Testing Framework - SoupUi
- Cloud ready
19. RAML Workgroup
20. Mule Support
21. Api’s in Action
22. Mule Deployments Globally
3,500+ on-premise enterprise deployments
25,000+ cloud deployments
35% of the Global 500
24. On the fence of doing something great?
What are the hinders?
Lack of multi-diciplinary knowledge
Complexity vs. Benefit
Waiting too long = missing out
● Understand the importance - Make a scenario
25. The future of business
Awesomeness = New customers
Make existing services better or create new offerings
•Omni-channel is huge
•Optimize services not processes
-Focus on the experience
•Make sure all flows of customer involvment are
seamless and customized
26. Maximize the benefit of your project
•Challenge existing beliefs
•Involve and inspire stakeholders
•Involve your customers at an early stage – ask what
they need and want
•Make sure the cost / benefit is well defined
•Be clear about how to measure success
27. Create a DREAM scenario
If integration, people and technology were NOT a hinder
How would your company look like in a perfect futuristic world?
•Purchase and delivery flow
Make a detailed scenario!
Tweet your Mule Picture #MuleSoft