On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
• Port of Tyne, Cruise Tourism – Susan Wear.• National Glass Centre, Regeneration – Michelle Duarat.• Nexus, Summer Metro Modernisation and Smart Travel – Huw Lewis.• North East England Tourism Awards – Anne Howes, NewcastleGateshead Initiative;Andy Hook, Blackfriars; Wendy Benson, Rockliffe Hall; Elisabeth Rowark, KielderWater & Forest Park; Leanne McCormella, WWT Washington Wetland Centre.• NewcastleGateshead Initiative update – Sarah Stewart.Agenda
WelcomeKate Harland, Jesmond Dene House
Port of TyneSusan Wear, Director of Corporate Affairs
National Glass CentreMichelle Duarat, Head of Business and Operations
NexusHuw Lewis, Head of Communications
North East England Tourism Awards 2013Anne Howes, NewcastleGateshead Initiative
North East England Tourism Awards 2013
• North East Hoteliers Association.• Northumberland County Council.• Northumberland Tourism.• Sunderland City Council.• Visit County Durham.• Hadrian’s Wall Trust.• South Tyneside Council.Delivery partners
• Access for All.• Bed and Breakfast / Guest Accommodation ofthe Year.• Business Tourism.• Caravan Holiday Park / Holiday Village of theYear.• Large Hotel of the Year.• Large Visitor Attraction of the Year.• Self Catering Holiday Provider of the Year.2013 award categories• Small Hotel of the Year.• Small Visitor Attraction of the Year.• Sustainable Tourism.• Taste of England.• Tourism Experience of the Year.• Tourism Pub of the Year.• Visitor Information Provider of the Year.• Tourism Event of the Year.
• 20 June Website goes live. Application forms availableto download.• 6 September Closing date for applications.• w/c 16 September Shortlisting of applications.• w/c 23 and 30 September Judges visit shortlistedvenues.• 21 November Awards ceremony at NUFC.Key dates
Blackfriars RestaurantAndy Hook, Managing Director
Rockliffe HallWendy Benson, Sales and Marketing Director
Kielder Water & Forest ParkElizabeth Rowark, Director
WWT Washington Wetland CentreLeanne McCormella, Marketing Manager
• www.NewcastleGateshead.com/mystory - newwebsite where residents can contributewords, photographs, films, stories etc. expressingwhat they find ‘genuinely inspiring’ aboutNewcastle and Gateshead.• Campaign to run until end of September.• Contribute and encourage yourcolleagues, friends and families to contribute too!Place brand public engagement
• New section of our corporate website detailing all thepaid-for opportunities available throughNewcastleGateshead Initiative.• Promote your business to consumer and businessaudiences via our website, city breaksmarketing, festivals and events, business tourismactivity and corporate communications and events.• Standard discounts include 40% for gold partners, 35%for silver partners and 30% for bronze partners.Partner opportunities
• Most comprehensive conferencing publication in North EastEngland. An invaluable tool for buyers and agents.• Gold award for Best Brochure at 2012 Meetings IndustryMarketing Awards.• 7,000 guides produced for distribution to database, attradeshows and with enquiries.• 5% early-bird booking discount until Friday 12 July.• Special combined advertising and exhibiting packages.Meetings & Events Guide 2014-2016
• Raising awareness of all there is to see and do inNewcastleGateshead.• Aimed specifically at non-tourism gold and silverpartners with large numbers of employees.• Promote your business to this local audience byproviding prizes.• Gold and silver partners invited to submit ideas fordelivering an interactive experience at the roadshows.Partner roadshows
• The special offers section ofNewcastleGateshead.com.• 10,000 unique visitors per month.• Promote your business by submitting special offers:- days out at attractions; food and drink; shopping;entertainment; sports and activities.• Free partner benefit, not available to non-partnerorganisations.Discover Deals
• Business support service aimed at encouraging foreigndirect investment by helping overseas investorsestablish themselves in the area.• Supported by Gateshead Council, Newcastle CityCouncil, and a number of organisations who will provideoverseas investors with access to a range of discountedbusiness, professional and property services.• Investors can also benefit from free office space for upto 12 months in various sought-after locations.Land:In NewcastleGatesheadImagery area:1 image at 7.86cm wide x6.9cm high
Partner update meetings• Thursday 17 October 2013.Partner potential venue hosts – thank you toall those who have already offered to host.Partner meetings 2013Business leaders’ briefings• Wednesday 11 September2013, St James’ Park.AGMThursday 5 December 2013.