By adding physical servers running
VM6 VMex, you automatically
Solve the most pressing virtualization add workload (virtual servers
management challenges, without and desktops), network, storage,
management and monitoring
the need for expensive hardware capacity to your consolidated or
or storage area networks (SANs). distributed IT infrastructure.
Are you facing any of the following IT challenges:
• Are you out of space, power and storage capacity? Optimize IT capacity
• Fully leverage the benefits of
• Do you have issues with unplanned downtime? server and desktop virtualization
• Are you looking to contain and reduce IT costs? • Make the most of your server,
desktop and storage investment
• Optimize space and power
VM6 Software extends the benefits of virtualization
without the associated complexity and costs. Improve business continuity
• Effortless and efficient High
• Easier rollback and recovery
Increase efficiency in managing
• Manage the entire environment
from a single “pane of glass”
• Provision, configure and manage
remotely without traditional high
Reduce training requirements
• Leverage your teams existing
Microsoft skills and certifications
• Single solution to learn and manage
Drastically reduce IT spending
• No need to purchase or integrate
expensive multi-point solutions (SAN,
Replication, Clustering , VDI broker,
Management console, etc.)
• Leverage free virtualization (Hyper-V)
in Microsoft Server 2008
• Fully scalable infrastructure; start small
and scale as you grow
Provides 70% lower
TCO than traditional
Virtual Shared Storage (V-SAN)
VM6 VMex’s storage technology is repurposing the
existing internal storage to create a Virtual SAN
• Virtual Storage polling
• Leverages existing x86 servers and storage
• Supports physical SAN
• Runs on Bare metal
• Similar functionality and performance as physical SAN
VM6 VMex • No SAN skills required
VM6 VMex is the only scalable all-in-one • Supports dissimilar disk brand and size
IT infrastructure software solution designed
to offer all the benefits of virtualization
without the associated complexity and
costs. VM6 VMex brings you more for less
through simplicity and cost reduction. By
working with Windows on any physical
server, VM6 VMex simply adds clustering, Advanced Clustering (High Availability)
VM6 VMex provides High Availability (HA) without the
network, storage, virtualization management requirement of complex hardware and software resources
and monitoring capabilities to your • Active / Active
consolidated or distributed IT infrastructure. • 99.99% uptime
• Supports dissimilar chipsets
By consolidating all of the components into • Provides automated failover
a single product, VM6 VMex is easy to install, • High availability in Virtual, Physical or Mixed environments
configure and manage. • Self healing and scalable
• No clustering skills required
VM6 VMex improves and simplifies your
IT Infrastructure by combining the following
into a single solution – what we call the
4 Pillars of VM6 VMex:
• Virtual Shared Storage (V-SAN)
• Advanced Clustering (High Availability) Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
• Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) VM6 VMex’s federated VDI feature removes the
dependency on low latency and high bandwidth networks
• Virtualization Management and Monitoring • Integrated and distributed brokering service
• Optimizes hardware resources utilization
• Compatible with leading thin client devices
• Manages virtual desktop images for both consolidated
and distributed IT infrastructures
Virtualization Management and Monitoring
VM6 VMex allows the management and monitoring of
both consolidated and distributed IT infrastructures from
a single interface, accessible from anywhere
• No parallel management infrastructure required
• Single interface for entire IT infrastructure
• Provides Monitoring, Alerting and Orchestration
• Remotely accessible via very low bandwidth
• Simple to operate and intuitive
VM6 VMex Features for Virtual Shared Storage (V-SAN)
• Continuous real-time replication of data ensures multiple copies of your critical
information are available at all times and available from any host.
• Block based replication ensures that regardless of the data type, replication is fast
and efficient; Active–Active clustering allows load balancing of available resources.
• VM6 VMex enables multi-site clustering technology to provide the highest recovery
time objective (RTO) without a large investment in array based replication. It works
across dissimilar storage arrays, allowing the optimal use of your current resources.
In the case of hardware failure, incremental synchronization of large storage
partition allows you to minimize impact on resource usage and reduce time for
rebuilding a VM6 VMex Virtual SAN.
• VM6 VMex has a built-in quota management system that allows administrators to
do storage thin-provisioning.
VM6 VMex Features for Advanced Clustering (High Availability)
• Can be configured for failover within a local or campus type network or a
combination of the two, with a multi-node cluster that stretches LANs and WANs.
• Clustering provides high availability for both virtual and physical environments. It is
optimized to provide high availability to Microsoft Hyper-V and other Windows
• Comes out of the box with predefined maintenance and recovery plans.
Local administrators can modify the default or create their own.
• The only Windows based solution that doesn’t require a physical SAN and that
offers an Active-Active cluster solution which can be used for both high availability
and load balancing.
• Comes with all the monitoring, alerting and automation features to ensure that
administrators can proactively resolve problems or bottlenecks.
VM6 VMex Features for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
• Economically and effectively delivers desktops to the user by eliminating the
bonds between a desktop image and the physical PC. Deliver, manage and update
all of your Windows desktops and applications from a central location.
• Allows secure access to personalized desktops in a Windows Terminal Server
environment from a single interface. Monitor and audit desktop activity as well as
load balance multiple Windows Terminal Servers.
• Rapidly create virtual desktops from a master image and push updates and patches
out to any number of virtual desktops in minutes without affecting user settings,
data or preferences.
• Easy-to-use administrative interface for setting desktop policies.
• Optimized for both consolidated and distributed IT infrastructures. It eliminates
the printing issues that are usually associated with traditional VDI solutions.
VM6 VMex Features for Virtualization Management and Monitoring
• VM6 VMex’s mini footprint management component is distributed on each of the
physical servers’ hosts without any dependencies on other systems.
• The VM6 VMex management component includes a configurable monitoring plan,
consolidated event viewer, built-in alerting system and an integrated dashboard.
• VM6 VMex integrates with any other management infrastructure but does not have
any requirements on other systems.
• Administrators can locally or remotely provision new services, virtual severs or
desktops and virtual SANs. New business critical applications can be deployed or
upgraded within minutes instead of weeks or months.
• VM6 VMex lets administrators manage the inventory of all the assets that compose
the IT infrastructure (storage, network, physical or virtual servers and application)
from all its in one management console integrated as a MMC plug-in that follows
best practices of this well known Microsoft platform.