Sun Gigaswift Ethernet Networking Card At-A-Glance
SUN™ GIGASWIFT ETHERNET NETWORKING CARDS AT A GLANCE:
BRING YOUR NETWORK UP TO SPEED
highlights Sun’s Gigabit Ethernet familyfamily of networking cards brings all your Sun servers and workstations
(GbE) of network adapters brings all your
• 10/100/1000 Mbps auto- Sun servers and workstations up toa choicespeeds. Sun provides a
up to gigabit speeds. Sun provides gigabit of single-port, dual Gigabit Ethernet + dual SCSI, quad-
detecting Ethernet ports
choice of single-port, dual Gigabit + dual SCSI, MMF networking cards to meet your high-bandwidth
port, and dual GbE PCI Express (PCIe) UTP and quad-port and dual
• Choice of single, dual, or
quad density Gigabit Ethernetserver-to-switch, and MMF adapters toconnectivity requirements. All networking
server-to-server, PCI Express UTP server-to-storage meet your
• Support of multiple operat- cards support Jumbo Frames and link aggregation. Jumbo Frames provide for large packet size (9 KB);
high-bandwidth server-to-server, server-to-switch, and server-to-stor-
ing systems: the Solaris™ OS,
Linux, Windows age aggregation requirements. All adapters support Jumbo Frames failover configurations, thereby
link connectivity enables aggregation of multiple ports and ease of
• Copper and fiber flavors and Sun Trunking 1.3 software. Jumbothe processor forfor large packet size (9 KB), and Sun Trunking
improving throughput and freeing up Frames provide other tasks.
• Fully compliant with enables aggregation of multiple ports and ease of failover configurations, thereby improving through-
put and freeing up thewith unprecedented choice
MaxiMuM connectivity processor for other tasks.
• Jumbo Frame support
These networking cards support SPARC® and x86 platforms on the Solaris OS and Linux, providing a high-speed interface for
• Link aggregation support all your next-generation applications. All Sun GbE networking cards comply with existing Ethernet protocols and standards.
• RAS features such as Dynamic This interoperability can preserve your core wiring infrastructure, enabling a cost-effective and seamless migration to higher
Reconfiguration (DR) network throughput.